Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-02-2024, 09:50 AM   #1
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
OPDS Support missing or broken in 7.x?

The share over the network functionality used to support both an html catalog and an OPDS catalog. With v7.x the OPDS support no longer works. Is this a bug or a feature? Either way, I'd really like to have working OPDS support back... at least while Marvin continues working on iOS.

Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 09:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are no changes to opds support. Simply open /opds in a browser to check for yourself. If it isnt working for you then post the server log after trying to open it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 10:05 AM   #3
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And Kovid comes through with a definitive answer in less than 10 minutes!

I'll give that a try. When it works (I'm prefetching here), I'll try what I did before so I can give a more detailed and accurate description of what failed for me earlier.
Old 06-05-2024, 11:47 AM   #4
Xenophon
curmudgeon

The failure turns out to be on the Marvin side; Calibre is behaving exactly as expected.

When running on current iOS versions, Marvin no longer auto-discovers the Calibre server on the LAN. I presume that some API it used either has changed behavior or has been eliminated. When I direct Marvin to the correct IP with /opds, Marvin handles the OPDS feed as it always has.

Given that Marvin is no longer maintained, in future I'll just make sure to check the IP Calibre is serving from. Most of the time this is a non-issue for me, as I have Marvin connect to my home server (via dynamic DNS). I use the Calibre-provided local server only when I'm away from home and my home server is down (usually caused by a power outage).
Old 06-05-2024, 02:40 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
The failure turns out to be on the Marvin side; Calibre is behaving exactly as expected.

When running on current iOS versions, Marvin no longer auto-discovers the Calibre server on the LAN. I presume that some API it used either has changed behavior or has been eliminated. When I direct Marvin to the correct IP with /opds, Marvin handles the OPDS feed as it always has.

Given that Marvin is no longer maintained, in future I'll just make sure to check the IP Calibre is serving from. Most of the time this is a non-issue for me, as I have Marvin connect to my home server (via dynamic DNS). I use the Calibre-provided local server only when I'm away from home and my home server is down (usually caused by a power outage).
And get ready for more Marvin problems when iOS 18 comes out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote