Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-04-2024, 11:03 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That would be overly dramatic.
I would call it a waste of the Calibre forum volunteers time and efforts

I spent time looking for what could cause possibly the condition, writing a reply post.
There are other REAL issues, that replies got delayed because you wanted to be dramatic.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 01:11 PM   #17
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Such a ridiculous notion to think that fixing small issues is a waste of time. Yes, there are more pressing bugs and issues to fix and yes, more energy and time should be spend on those. But fixing small problems is not a waste of time, if it was Amazon would have never introduced the 1 click buy button. But don’t take it from me, get it straight from the horse’s mouth.

http://https://youtu.be/0XHLgOsDJTk

Also, did you take the time to compare the stark difference between the two screenshots provided?

Last edited by Ebookus; 06-04-2024 at 04:17 PM.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 01:16 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's at most every two weeks, not every day and only a small piece of text on the status bar.

You don't want to be like Peter in the Wolf story.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 01:16 PM   #19
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
No, the waste of time was the exaggeration which led other members to believe you had a technical issue.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 01:24 PM   #20
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
No, the waste of time was the exaggeration which led other members to believe you had a technical issue.
Okay, yes. I’ll accept that. However, compare the two screenshot and tell me the second isn’t ridiculously brighter than the first one. The issue “can this be hidden” still applies.
Old 06-04-2024, 02:01 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebookus View Post
Attachment 208701

wow, look at the difference... my green and blue are way much more saturated. Please Kovidgoyal add a way to hide.
Why don't you want to update calibre?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 02:02 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 06-04-2024, 02:29 PM   #23
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Because it's bothersome to constantly update it, and I don't need every update. Once in a while is enough. Sometimes several months go by before I update. I do read the "what's new" section every time and if something's there I want/need, then I'll update.

Last edited by Sirtel; 06-04-2024 at 02:31 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 02:47 PM   #24
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I do read the "what's new" section every time and if something's there I want/need, then I'll update.
Ditto. And I'm glad we can always run from source or get preview releases, if there's some newly added wanted feature!

I like to watch the github feed as well.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 04:24 PM   #25
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier

Quote:
same as the other response. I don't want to not update, I just don't want to have to do it every time I try to use the programme (and I am not exaggerating here, as I said I use it once a week to load periodicals and new purchases) because the colours are just that much annoying. They really stand out.

I tried having a look at "Look and feel" and sadly nothing there allowed me to change the colours.

Last edited by Ebookus; 06-04-2024 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2024, 05:11 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

One reason not to turn off the announcement of a new release is that you could forget there is a new release. The new release could have some new feature you want or something you sometimes use fixed.

I do agree that even if you don't install a new release, it's at least a good idea to read the what's new to see if you want to update.
Old 06-04-2024, 06:48 PM   #27
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Okay, yes. I’ll accept that. However, compare the two screenshot and tell me the second isn’t ridiculously brighter than the first one. The issue “can this be hidden” still applies.
I did - combined image attached.

For me the "Update found" green is more-or-less the same, but the version number colour is very different - you have Navy-blue whereas I have Sky-blue, which for me is better. I've no idea why they are different.

KG has an update in the wings.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	palaver.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	208706  

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-04-2024 at 08:59 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 07:41 PM   #28
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Six hours before your post I quoted below, Kovid posted a change he made to use a dark green in dark mode. If you were running from source, the change would have already shown up. As it is, the change will be in the next release. Instead of acknowledging this fact, you seem to have ignored (or missed) his attempt at compromise to provide a more suitable color.

Quote:
wow, look at the difference... my green and blue are way much more saturated. Please Kovidgoyal add a way to hide.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-04-2024 at 07:58 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 07:54 PM   #29
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
For me the "Update found" green is more-or-less the same, but the version number colour is very different - you have Navy-blue whereas I have Sky-blue, which for me is better. I've no idea why they are different
The sky-blue you see is calibre's interface default color for links in Dark mode, which I think is customizable.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 06:06 AM   #30
Ebookus
Digital Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Six hours before your post I quoted below, Kovid posted a change he made to use a dark green in dark mode. If you were running from source, the change would have already shown up. As it is, the change will be in the next release. Instead of acknowledging this fact, you seem to have ignored (or missed) his attempt at compromise to provide a more suitable color.
I didn't realised that. I just assumed he was pointing out what colour was being used. As for the blue, I haven't changed the colour for links, in fact they are all at their default values, so not sure why mine is so different.