Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-01-2024, 04:49 PM   #1
Smoff
Smoff began at the beginning.

Device: none
editing preview page?

HTML hurts my eyes! It doesn't seem like we can edit the preview, can we?
Thanks!

siue
Smoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 06:13 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What exactly do you want the change? Background colour, fonts, something else?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 06:35 PM   #3
Smoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
What exactly do you want the change? Background colour, fonts, something else?
I did an embedded index and it looks a little hellish (some entries out of order etc. Apparently run of the mill problems that happen when you do embedded indexing). So I'm literally having to rearrange the text in that section of the book.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2024, 09:10 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoff View Post
I did an embedded index and it looks a little hellish (some entries out of order etc. Apparently run of the mill problems that happen when you do embedded indexing). So I'm literally having to rearrange the text in that section of the book.

Thanks!
If the changes are cosmetic (e.g. layout, typography) try Sigil's WYSIWYG editor for EPUB - PageEdit.

Sigil - MobileRead Forums

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 09:52 PM   #5
Smoff

Hmm I downloaded it and when I open my epubs (of any sort) they are totally blank!
Old 06-04-2024, 10:23 PM   #6
Smoff

Oh Ok when I opened PageEdit IN Sigil I saw the pages. Ok, yes this is so much easier to edit. Thanks again
Old 06-04-2024, 10:27 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoff View Post
Oh Ok when I opened PageEdit IN Sigil I saw the pages. Ok, yes this is so much easier to edit. Thanks again

Did you find the doco - PageEdit User Guide - Sigil-Ebook

If you need any help, ask in the Sigil forum.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-04-2024 at 10:32 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote