Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-31-2024, 01:24 PM   #1
david061
david061 began at the beginning.

Device: win10-22H2
Lightbulb Discovery of reading Azw3 and Mobi format books with e-bookviwer

I am a lazy boy. I opened a book directly using the e-book viewer and marked it, including highlighting and tags. I found that moving the storage location of the book and then opening it. The tags in the books in Azw3 and Mobi formats are missing, while the tags in Epub format are still exist. Interestingly, When I moved the book back to its original position, the tags in the Azw3 and Mobi format books were visible again. I don't know if anyone knows why, or am I the only one in this situation.
david061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 01:37 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
If you mean the calibre viewer, then you should ask this question in the calibre forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=281
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 02:20 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Calibre's ebook-viewer can and does store annotations & highlighting internal to an epub. For azw3 and mobi, the information is stored externally and when you move the ebook, the information does not move with it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 01:24 AM   #4
david061

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Calibre's ebook-viewer can and does store annotations & highlighting internal to an epub. For azw3 and mobi, the information is stored externally and when you move the ebook, the information does not move with it.

Thank you for your answer. I knew I was right about the situation I described. I apologize for touching the community rules. To ensure that you can see my reply, I will delete the post after one day. Sorry again for my post.
Old 06-01-2024, 01:37 AM   #5
david061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
If you mean the calibre viewer, then you should ask this question in the calibre forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=281
I didn't want to post repeatedly and was lazy, so I didn't find the right section. Thank you for your reminder. I will pay attention to my next post.