Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2024, 06:46 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Internal server error preventing eBook download

I purchased a book. When trying to download it from My Books, the URL from https://getbook.kobo.com returns a 500 status code and an 'internal server error' message.

As per usual troubleshooting procedure, I tried another browser with the same effect. (I doubted it would help.)

When testing with other books, I got varying results. Some downloaded fine, I got 500s with others.

I can't find a Kobo server status page. Several third-party sites just fail to give any useful information due to the Cloudflare protection.

Anyone else running into this issue?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 06:54 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Yes and check https://status.kobo.com/

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 07:07 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you! Where did you find that link? I didn't see any links to it on kobo.com and google failed entirely.

I tried to get onto the Kobo support chat to ask about it. They tried to make me reset my eReader and then asked me if I'm sure I actually bought the book from them, lol. A bit weird because I've found their support usually fairly decent (as far as customer support chat are).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-30-2024 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:23 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The first place I saw a link to the Kobo status page on MobileRead was in a message back in March, 2023 (Website: Connectivity issues #5) by a familiar poster. It was also posted in April, 2024 (Kobo site mostly in maintenance?) by yours truly.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 07:26 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I did have a vague memory of the status page but since I failed to find it again I just assumed that they weren't using it anymore.
Old 05-30-2024, 07:28 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I did have a vague memory of the status page but since I failed to find it again I just assumed that they weren't using it anymore.
Been there and done that. I finally added it to my bookmarks since I was wasting time searching to find it each time I needed it.

I noticed that it took a while after the issue was reported as fixed before I was able to download a Kobo Plus book.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 07:29 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

The book I was having trouble with just successful downloaded.

EDIT: Well, sort of. I got a 200 status but then it died at the very end of the download.
Old 05-30-2024, 08:06 PM   #8
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Wow, maybe that's part of the reason I had so much trouble getting my book downloaded today. I thought it was because the system clock on my laptop was wrong, so the ACSM appeared to be expired, but maybe the problem was on Kobo's side.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 02:31 AM   #9
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
This thread is a huge relief. I was worried yesterday my Kobo had gone wrong. All working this morning.
ghira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 04:10 PM   #10
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Thankfully, the issue was resolved early this morning. Though they fixed it earlier than that - I was able to download my book about an hour after my last post on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I tried to get onto the Kobo support chat to ask about it. They tried to make me reset my eReader and then asked me if I'm sure I actually bought the book from them, lol. A bit weird because I've found their support usually fairly decent (as far as customer support chat are).
I mentioned this whole boondoggle to my friend and he pointed out that "so their helpdesk doesn't have the tools to actually do their job"

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-31-2024 at 04:13 PM.