Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2024, 07:45 AM   #1
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
",_" in filename upsets kobo

When I sideload multiple books my kobo sometimes refuses to recognise any of the files.

Came to realise that it looks like if _any_ files contain ",_" in the file name, the entire batch will fail to be imported until I rename them.

I had run into single unacceptable characters before but as far as I recall , and _ separately are both ok (though maybe I should check this) and it is ",_" together that causes problems.

Is this a real phenomenon? Are there other combos to watch out for?
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 08:01 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What title(s) have ,_?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 11:45 AM   #3
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
It probably happens from getting rid of spaces and parentheses and other characters I don't like in filenames. Books where the filename has A (editor), authors with "," between them and similar
replace space, #, (, ) and similar with underscore and you end up with ",_". Well, don't do that, then. Sure.

But it's the first time I've seen a pair of characters cause a problem where they don't cause one on their own as far as I was aware.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote