Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2024, 09:21 AM   #1
Effie_O
Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hyphenations in Kobo Plus books

Hello all, I have a problem with hyphenations.
I put my own kepubs (store bought) on my ereader via Calibre, which looks good. But I also read via a Kobo Plus subscription, those books go directly from Kobo website to my reader and I cannot get them through Calibre. These books look terrible, at least 5-10 hyphens per page.
I would also like to read these books without/with less disturbing hyphenations, just like my kepubs, but I can't figure it out.

My digital/technical knowledge is poor, I get lost in old messages about koboroot, dictionaries (I mainly read Dutch), add 'lefthyphenmin=8'....
Does anyone know if and how I can solve this?
Effie_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 04:15 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
When you get books through Kobo Plus, authors get paid based on page turns, time spent with the book open, and other statistics like that. If you remove the book from Kobo Plus and import it into Calbre to edit it, the authors won't get paid when you read it, so you really shouldn't do that.

If you hate the way books are formatted in Kobo Plus, you should cancel your subscription and buy the books directly so that you can decrypt and edit them to your liking.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 12:51 PM   #3
Effie_O
Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Effie_O ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Edit: double

Last edited by Effie_O; 05-29-2024 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:14 PM   #4
Effie_O

I know that, I just added the Calibre thing trying to be clear. I was not
I found out other fonts look a lot better. Just thought there might be a setting in the ereader itself, to change hyphenation, thats all.
Old 05-29-2024, 04:18 PM   #5
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You can replace the hyphenation dictionary with the one from this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405

but I believe the goal of this dictionary is to have more hyphenation, not less.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote