Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-27-2024, 08:40 PM   #1
Tracy
Tracy began at the beginning.

Device: ibooks
Images not anchoring

I am using Libre Office and not having a lot of luck getting the images to anchor. I have them anchored to a frame, which is anchored to a character, but when I convert to epub the page breaks are disappearing and/or the images are moving. The other thing that is happening is that the title cover is replacing the chapter 1 image.
I have tried converting with an odt, rtf, and openoffice xml.

When I use an old microsoft office file from 2017 that also had images, it converts just fine.

Any ideas?
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 09:05 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try saving DOCX in LO Writer and convert that. See ==>> What are the best source formats to convert?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 05:45 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Don't use frames. Anchor as character in a paragraph with desired style (center), but usually no text on the line. Text running around an image doesn't work on some ereaders.
One or multiple small images with even text on the same line will also work anchored as characters.

Edit in ODT, but an extra Save As in docx.

Don't use "Frames" at all, unless for export to PDF.

I've no problem with images in LO Writer from 5.x to 7.x
I do usually need to edit the CSS in Calibre Editor of the epub for the image size (often height: auto; width: 66.67%; or whatever for landscape to square format. Portrait shape images need some thought / different CSS or small % width.
I might leave very small images as pt rather than changing to px (multiply by 1.3 approximately).

Since LO doesn't do em, do use pt rather than cm, mm or inch (though they are good for indents, padding and margins for PDFs).

Uncheck use image from document as cover on the conversion options. Browse in the Metadata editor before conversion after adding Docx for the actual cover.

Note when publishing anywhere, you separately upload a cover of twice width and height of what is sensible for calibre cover.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 06:05 AM   #4
rickdxt
rickdxt began at the beginning.

Device: NA
Use proper tags.

I have take the Office 365 Backup then I took images. In that images I need to add anchor. So the mistake is done in the HTML and CSS. Kindly validate your HTML and CSS.
rickdxt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, page breaks