Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
GenJen
Super Nova Wonderstar
GenJen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Cool Howdy, from Dallas, TX

Howdy Everyone!

My name is Jenny and I've been an avid reader for over 25 years. I enjoy all kinds of genres, but my all time favorite is historical romance. I also enjoy fantasy, science fiction, mystery, and non-fiction that depicts heroic acts. My ideal day includes a cool rainy day, a juicy book, a comfy oversized chair, a lovely lavender chenille throw, and a cup of hot constant comment tea. I would be content to read all day. I have a habit of finding an author that I like, and reading all of their works in 2 weeks time (if 25 or less).
I find that my local library can't keep up with my book habit, I have picked through half-price bookstores and now I'm hoping my new Kindle 2 will help keep up variety in my book choices. I look forward to meeting other bookworms like me.
GenJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello GenJen - and welcome to MobileRead. I live just a short distance north of you.

There are over 1000 books here that you can read on your Kindle. Download the MobileRead Mobipocket Download Guide and put it on your Kindle. You can then use the Download Guide to find books to read and download them directly into the Kindle using the whispernet connection.

We hope you will join into the conversations and let us get to know you.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Howdy Jenny, from Ralph Sir Edward, up in Plano...I'm one of the loud-mouthed (or is it loud-fingered?) denizens around here...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hi Jenny, and welcome. I too live SOMEWHERE in Texas, and that's as much as I'm confessing to. (Actually, I'm sentient software and I reside wherever I'm installed.)
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jenny and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenJen View Post
My ideal day includes a cool rainy day, a juicy book, a comfy oversized chair, a lovely lavender chenille throw, and a cup of hot constant comment tea. I would be content to read all day. I have a habit of finding an author that I like, and reading all of their works in 2 weeks time (if 25 or less).
That sounds pretty much like my idea day... just add to that "someone else watching my kids and cleaning my house while I'm cuddled up and reading!"

I also do the same thing as you-- find a new author (I try to find one with a lot of books under his/her belt), read everything they've ever written in quick order, and moving on to the next great find. It's annoying to me when I hit a series in the middle, then a year later, when another book has been added, go back and read it. It breaks the flow.

Welcome to the board, Jenny!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
GenJen
Super Nova Wonderstar
GenJen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Smile

Wow! Thanks for the great info Elsi-I went ahead and downloaded the mobile read guide. Awesome resource!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Hello GenJen - and welcome to MobileRead. I live just a short distance north of you.

There are over 1000 books here that you can read on your Kindle. Download the MobileRead Mobipocket Download Guide and put it on your Kindle. You can then use the Download Guide to find books to read and download them directly into the Kindle using the whispernet connection.

We hope you will join into the conversations and let us get to know you.
GenJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
How-deeeee!

It's good to have a Southern Lady on board (and you, too, Elsi).

I live in Peru, but I'm from the South and raised in the South, where (as you know) acculturation expresses itself in both manners and breeding.

Come on down and sit a spell.

You'll find tons of free ebooks and lots of discussion on various topics, from the silly to the sublime - plenty of areas to examine.

Welcome!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #9
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Hi there,

I love historical romance too and luckily they are well represented in ebooks. I still have a big TBR list on my HanLin.
There are a few of us here who like romance. In fact I went to a Romance Readers Convention 2 months ago. Heaven!
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical romance, howdy, introduction