Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-16-2023, 05:23 PM   #1
snowbird
snowbird began at the beginning.

Device: Computer
Cannot update metadata via web browser

I am signed into my calibre server in another computer's browser. I can login, display, and download books. I cannot edit metadata.

I have attached the screenshot from the server showing I have created the user and that I am logged in. I also attached the screenshot of the web browser trying to edit metadata.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image(3).png
Views:	100
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	205248   Click image for larger version

Name:	image(4).png
Views:	105
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	205249  
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Restart the server after adding the user and if it still doesnt work look at the server logs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:36 PM   #3
RG9400
RG9400 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Restart the server after adding the user and if it still doesnt work look at the server logs.
Hello Kovid, this seems to be a regression in 7.2.0. All users are throwing 403 errors, even with write access. I also set up unauthenticated write access from certain IPs, which are also no longer working. These all worked fine prior to this, and indeed, rolling back to 7.1.0 instantly fixes it with the same devices/IPs and user accounts.

Per this, I think this is a regression in 7.2.0
RG9400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 09:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Only change in 7.2 is it listens on IPv6 by default as well. Does changing the detting "The interface to listen for connections" to 0.0.0.0 in Preferences->Sharing over the net->Advanced affect this?
Old 12-17-2023, 10:37 PM   #5
RG9400
RG9400 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Only change in 7.2 is it listens on IPv6 by default as well. Does changing the detting "The interface to listen for connections" to 0.0.0.0 in Preferences->Sharing over the net->Advanced affect this?
Yes, this works
RG9400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 12:45 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG9400 View Post
Yes, this works
This is on what OS?
Old 12-18-2023, 01:02 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

On both linux and windows, running a server without authentication allows me to make changes to it using calibredb. With authentication, I get no errors making changes using a browser.

Note that unathenticated write access only works if you have not enabled authentication. If you have then the username/password must be used. This has so far as I know, always been the case.