Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-31-2015, 05:48 AM   #1
chiquon
chiquon began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite Gen 1 & 2
Moving Calibre library to new Kindle? Losing notes & bookmarks...

I've recently bought a generation 2 Paperwhite as an upgrade from Gen 1. I'm trying to transfer over about 50 books which I have on my old Kindle (all loaded and managed in Calibre).

I have tried a few different methods but none of them seem to retain my notes and bookmarks.

Can anyone explain the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!
chiquon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:03 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The best way is to move across the entire documents folder (on the Kindle) to the new Kindle. FYI: all the *.sdr subfolders have the notes and bookmarks. The .sdr folder needs to match the name of the corresponding *.(mobi|azw|azw3) file.
You don't need calibre at all.

I assume the books are already DeDRMed then.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:54 AM   #3
chiquon
chiquon began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite Gen 1 & 2
Perfect - many thanks - this was starting to drive me nuts!
chiquon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You're welcome -- glad I could help!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:39 AM   #5
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Anyone know how to do this - saving the notes and reading progress etc - without losing the book covers? Moving the files directly over without calibre seems to mean the Paperwhite stops displaying the book covers.
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:54 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siavahda View Post
Anyone know how to do this - saving the notes and reading progress etc - without losing the book covers? Moving the files directly over without calibre seems to mean the Paperwhite stops displaying the book covers.
Keep WiFi off to prevent the covers from going away.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 09:50 AM   #7
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Keep WiFi off to prevent the covers from going away.
That's not the issue for me, as I have airplane mode on permanently.
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote