Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-23-2023, 07:19 PM   #1
BlackAugust
BlackAugust began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boof Leaf 2
Configurable Content Server Touch Gestures and Controls

I like would to be able to configure Content Server touch gestures and controls within preferences. Primarily I would like to disable them all except the clicking the top to reveal the toolbar, like for instance I never want to swipe to the next chapter or previous and I only uses those gestures on accident. Also my device has physical page turn buttons being able to disable next/previous page touch zones would be nice. Basically I do a lot of selecting text to then highlight and these gestures interfere with that.
BlackAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way to do that. How do the existing controls interfere with selection? Selection works by dragging handles around. Once you start a drag the controls are inoperative anyway.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:31 AM   #3
BlackAugust
BlackAugust began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boof Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is no way to do that. How do the existing controls interfere with selection? Selection works by dragging handles around. Once you start a drag the controls are inoperative anyway.
It interferes with making the initial text selection. I also simply mistakenly input these gestures more often than I would like. Could this be added or is there a technical reason preventing it?
BlackAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:28 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not something I am interested in implementing. Patches welcome. And you can simply hold your finger ona word for the initial selection and then drag the handles around to adjust it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:25 AM   #5
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
I find text selection in Calibre Viewer (content-server) even easier (if it can be done) than others because you don't have to swipe at all, just hold on to the first and then the last targeted words.

The only concern is that selection can't be done on certain devices (Samsung A51, which is retiring and I don't care, and Huawei Matepad Paper).

Last edited by nqk; 03-24-2023 at 06:18 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote