Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-20-2022, 05:20 AM   #1
coolioniki
coolioniki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Choose what format to send to specific devices

Hello!

I wanted to know if it's possible to send certain book formats to certain devices.
I'd like to send the AZW3 files to my kindle, and the EPUB files to my phone (unless this happens automatically but I can't tell).
coolioniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 11:57 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Each device driver can be configured as to allowed formats AND most preferred.

Connect the device: Right click the DEVICE icon: Configure: <add or remove ticks. Use the green arrows on right to reorder (no tick are ignored, so the overall is all that counts).
This is where you make changes for existing uses , NOT in preferences.

Once configured, the Configured version is stored in the Calibre Configuration Folder.
eg
Code:
device_drivers_SMART_DEVICE_APP.py.json
Back that up. You can also copy that to a second Caliber)
Note: some have pairs of files. Grab all with the same root name
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, devices, format