Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-03-2022, 06:09 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Catalog: prefix according to rating?

Probably a stupid question with a really obvious answer, but:
When creating a book catalog, how can I specify a prefix for entries according to their ratings? I would like different prefixes for rating=1, rating=2 and rating=3.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:32 AM   #2
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
it seems there is no good solution as
‐ catalog is an old feature which is not maintained anymore
‐ only allow text and number fields text and number fields while rating is «specific»
‐ distinguish only between «any» and «unknown» for combined fields

If you are realy interested in it, you may think about the following workaround:
You need one column for each rating. Those can be used for catalog prefix with value = «any».

This example for one of the columns: rating3 either with «3» or keep it empty
{#rating3:'cmp(field('rating'),3,'',3,"")')
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:00 AM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
it seems there is no good solution as
‐ catalog is an old feature which is not maintained anymore
‐ only allow text and number fields text and number fields while rating is «specific»
‐ distinguish only between «any» and «unknown» for combined fields

If you are realy interested in it, you may think about the following workaround:
You need one column for each rating. Those can be used for catalog prefix with value = «any».

This example for one of the columns: rating3 either with «3» or keep it empty
{#rating3:'cmp(field('rating'),3,'',3,"")')
Thanks, not sure if it'll be worth the effort.

I still use catalogs, since I have my entire collection (>5000 books) on my Kindle, and like to be able to look for something to read (including by genre, which the Kindle doesn't do), so I put a catalog on it in a collection by itself so that it's easily accessible when I need it.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalog