Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 06-17-2022, 05:50 PM   #1
Xavierg
Xavierg began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino page 2
Impossible to borrow books after upgrade

Hello,

I have a tolino page 2. I used to borrow books from library. I just had to download the .acsm on the folder digital editions using my laptop and connecting to the tolino. It worked perfectly.

I've installed a new update today. Now when doing the same thing, the file is not recognised on tolino. Nothing is displayed.

I've also added the file using Adobe digital editions. But same thing nothing pops up on my tolino.

I know that this DRM and adobe is a super pain in the ass but ahas everyone found the solution? Can I cancel the update? Reset tolino?

Thanks
Xavierg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 07:23 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavierg View Post
I know that this DRM and adobe is a super pain in the ass but ahas everyone found the solution? Can I cancel the update? Reset tolino?
You should be able install an earlier version of the firmware... unless that has also changed recently. I've done it in the past, but it's been a while ago so I can't remember the exact procedure. (Others here should know.)

I downloaded both the 15.2 and 15.3 version of the firmware from Tolino's site to see if I could find any differences, both seem to have all the same files.

Are you getting any kind of error at all when you click on the .ascm file? Do you still have the Adobe DRM login/logout option under My Accounts in settings?

If what you're saying is true (and it's not an issue with your particular device) that would make Tolino (with the newest upgrades) about worthless to me since I don't deal with any of the Tolino bookstores in the U.S.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote