Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-01-2022, 07:07 AM   #1
oston
Connoisseur
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Libra 2
Python Error Message

Hi, Kevin,
When I try to rename a file, I get a Python error with this Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files/Sigil/python3lib\xmlprocessor.py", line 315, in performSMILUpdates
fragment = urldecode(parts[1])

NameError: name 'urldecode' is not defined.

Any suggestions?

Jim
oston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:59 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, most probably a bug someplace in Sigil's code that updates links. Most probably in code that updates links in smil files. That code does not get well tested as smil files are typically rare in our set of test epubs.

What version of Sigil are you using?

I will look into it.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:18 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes a bug in line 315 of xmlprocessor. It should use urldecodepart, not urldecode.
I will get that bug fix into the next release.

If you are using Linux or Windows, you may be able to make that change directly in the xmlprocessor.py file. On macOS since it is codesigned, it will not allow you to make that change without the ability to re code sign it yourself.

I can get you a fixed xmlprocessor.py file if you build your own or are willing to try it.

The only way to work around the bug is to make a copy of the smil original file and remove all the fragments starting with # on its urls(parsing those fragments is where the bug is).

Then do all your file renaming, then manually put back all of the previously removed url fragments by hand. Not easy at all.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:52 AM   #4
oston
Connoisseur
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yes a bug in line 315 of xmlprocessor. It should use urldecodepart, not urldecode.
I will get that bug fix into the next release.

If you are using Linux or Windows, you may be able to make that change directly in the xmlprocessor.py file. On macOS since it is codesigned, it will not allow you to make that change without the ability to re code sign it yourself.

I can get you a fixed xmlprocessor.py file if you build your own or are willing to try it.

The only way to work around the bug is to make a copy of the smil original file and remove all the fragments starting with # on its urls(parsing those fragments is where the bug is).

Then do all your file renaming, then manually put back all of the previously removed url fragments by hand. Not easy at all.
I am using 1.9.10 , Kevin.
It does not seem like a work-around is needed. The file-names were, in fact, renamed and the overlay is working despite a couple of errors reported by EpubCheck.

So I'll just wait for the next release. I

Will access-aide be updated to support audio files? I realize that this is not a very common scenario.

Thanks

Jim

PS This is my first attempt at making an overlay for an ebook.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:25 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer

This has now been fixed in Sigil master.

Access-Aide can not handle audio and video, as the software has no idea if any audio or video files have anything in them that may spur aural or visual issues by users (ie accessibility hazards). You can of course, run Access-Aide before adding any multimedia files and then properly update the metadata in the opf related to Accessibility by hand.

In other words, properly manually update these:

Quote:
schema:accessMode: textual
schema:accessMode: visual
schema:accessModeSufficient: textual
schema:accessibilityFeature: structuralNavigation
schema:accessibilitySummary: This publication conforms to WCAG 2.0 AA.
schema:accessibilityHazard: none
The correct settings depend on exactly what multimedia elements you have added and whether they contain any hazards such as flashing images, etc.

Those types of judgements can only be made by the author/listener/watcher, not software like Access-Aide which is why Access-Aide stops when it detects these features being used.

See: http://kb.daisy.org/publishing/docs/...ard.html#value

Last edited by KevinH; 06-01-2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:07 PM   #6
oston
Connoisseur

Thanks, Kevin.

I see the problems with the audio for access-aide and it's easy enough to run the epub through the plugin before adding the .smil file.

Thanks for the help and quick fix.

Jim

Tags
python error, rename