Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-19-2022, 02:41 PM   #1006
aik099
Enthusiast
aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
I've finished the Onyx Boox device plugin at https://github.com/davidfor/calibre-annotations/pull/21 . Please review (I've attached some screenshots in there as well).

However, the only issue I'm facing is imported annotations not being sorted chronologically, even though I've specified the "ann_mi.location_sort" property as an integer offset from the book start.

Any idea why this might be happening?
aik099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:26 AM   #1007
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aik099 View Post
I've finished the Onyx Boox device plugin at https://github.com/davidfor/calibre-annotations/pull/21 . Please review (I've attached some screenshots in there as well).

However, the only issue I'm facing is imported annotations not being sorted chronologically, even though I've specified the "ann_mi.location_sort" property as an integer offset from the book start.

Hey,

quick question. Is it possible to export Boox highlights via this Calibre plugin to look like this so without the timestamp etc.?
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:03 AM   #1008
aik099
Enthusiast
aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!aik099 rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:

Figured that out. Even though I've specified "location_sort" as integer internally this plugin inserts them into SQLite table where the "location_sort" column is text and sorts them as text The only way to make it work (as I've found in other device classes) is to format it as a zero-padded string, which I've done.

Now it's ready to merge.
Old 02-20-2022, 11:06 AM   #1009
aik099
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
Hey,

quick question. Is it possible to export Boox highlights via this Calibre plugin to look like this so without the timestamp etc.?
This plugin only imports annotations into a Calibre's book custom field. It doesn't export anything.

However, you might ask Calibre developer or report a feature request to make such an export function.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:36 PM   #1010
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Figured that out. Even though I've specified "location_sort" as integer internally this plugin inserts them into SQLite table where the "location_sort" column is text and sorts them as text The only way to make it work (as I've found in other device classes) is to format it as a zero-padded string, which I've done.

Now it's ready to merge.
I've tripped over that in the past. I don't remember why the original author did it that way.

And I haven't had a chance to look at your code. It will probably be the weekend when I do it. I am also slowly doing the work to support calibre6/Qt6. Most of that isn't hard, just a bit time consuming.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 10:45 PM   #1011
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
Hey,

As @aik099 said, the purpose of this plugin is to fetch annotations from devices/apps into a column in calibre. That is formatted a HTML. If you want to produce some other format, you can export that (either by creating a catalogue or using one of the calibre command line tools) and then format it however you want to.
Old 02-23-2022, 02:57 AM   #1012
aik099
Enthusiast

@davidfor, one last thing I've noticed about the Boox annotations import: I'm importing from the SQLite database and therefore I'm not getting the latest changes while the AlReaderX app (that holds database connection open) is running. This is due to the specifics of SQLite, where it writes all changes into a separate file and only merges them back into the database upon connection close.

Is there any way to warn the user about such an effect, that before Boox annotation import he must quit the AlReaderX app?

P.S.
Kobo seems to be also using the SQLite database, but I'm not sure if it holds it open all the time.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:09 AM   #1013
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@davidfor, one last thing I've noticed about the Boox annotations import: I'm importing from the SQLite database and therefore I'm not getting the latest changes while the AlReaderX app (that holds database connection open) is running. This is due to the specifics of SQLite, where it writes all changes into a separate file and only merges them back into the database upon connection close.

Is there any way to warn the user about such an effect, that before Boox annotation import he must quit the AlReaderX app?

P.S.
Kobo seems to be also using the SQLite database, but I'm not sure if it holds it open all the time.
The Kobo devices close the database when they connect to a PC. In fact, they unmount the partition and load something to present it as a mass storage device. Or at least they are supposed to. There have been bugs And I know all about those problems.

There is no current way to do this. But, adding a mechanism to do a warning or prompt is a good idea. I think adding an extra method in the API to return a message to be displayed or none or an empty string. Then the plugin could display this with a continue/cancel type prompt when the annotation fetch is started. I'd have to check the code to make sure there is a good place to do it, but, it should work.
Old 03-07-2022, 09:49 AM   #1014
aik099
Enthusiast

@davidfor, were you're able to look at that Pull Request?
Old 03-07-2022, 08:14 PM   #1015
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@davidfor, were you're able to look at that Pull Request?
Sorry, work and some personal stuff have been getting in the way. And only remembering it when I absolutely can't do anything doesn't help. At this point, it will probably be early next week before I get to it.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:31 AM   #1016
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta: Add support for AlReaderX reader app on the Boox

I have (finally) found some time, and more importantly, remembered, to merge the code from @aik099 to add support for the AlReaderX reader app on the Boox.

The list of changes in this beta are:
  • New: Added support AlReaderX reader app on the Boox Android-based devices. Thanks to @aik099.
  • Change: Some code cleanup.
  • Fix: Handle change collections library. Problem reported by @frailtyy.

Hopefully I didn't break anything when merging the code. Unfortunately, I cannot test this as I do not have the device.

Please test the beta and report any issues. I will release this officially when I have had some confirmation that it is working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (680.7 KB, 233 views)
Old 03-24-2022, 05:48 AM   #1017
aik099
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have (finally) found some time, and more importantly, remembered, to merge the code from @aik099 to add support for the AlReaderX reader app on the Boox.

The list of changes in this beta are:
  • New: Added support AlReaderX reader app on the Boox Android-based devices. Thanks to @aik099.
  • Fix: Handle change collections library. Problem reported by @frailtyy.

Hopefully I didn't break anything when merging the code. Unfortunately, I cannot test this as I do not have the device.

Please test the beta and report any issues. I will release this officially when I have had some confirmation that it is working.
@davidfor, should I upload this ZIP as a new plugin and it will replace an existing plugin automatically?
Old 03-24-2022, 08:34 AM   #1018
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@davidfor, should I upload this ZIP as a new plugin and it will replace an existing plugin automatically?
Download the zip file, open calibre and go to the Plugins page of the preferences. Then click the "Load plugin from file" button and select the file. This will install it in place of the current version.
Old 04-09-2022, 07:36 AM   #1019
aik099
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Download the zip file, open calibre and go to the Plugins page of the preferences. Then click the "Load plugin from file" button and select the file. This will install it in place of the current version.
@davidfor, my apologies for the long testing period. I've tested the plugin beta version and, at least, functionally for the Boox device import works as expected.
Old 04-10-2022, 03:35 AM   #1020
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.17.0

I have just updated the plugin to version 1.17.0. The main change in this is to add support for the AlReaderX reader app on the Boox Android-based devices. This is thanks to @aik099.

The release notes are:
  • New: Added support for AlReaderX reader app on the Boox Android-based devices. Thanks to @aik099.
  • Fix: Handle change in Python collections library.

As usual, calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. And if there are any issues, please post them in this thread.

Tags
sampleexportingapp