Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-20-2022, 08:55 AM   #1
Pam R
Connoisseur
Pam R began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Adobe Digital Editons

I have been using this since I first got an ereader to store books then transfer as and when I wanted to read one. I am about to update to Windows 11 but have read that ADE is not compatible wih it. Has anyone got any experience of this and can offer any solutions?
Pam R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Windows 11 is compatible with Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.1 and Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11.

Last edited by Doitsu; 02-20-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:09 AM   #3
Pam R
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Thanks for your reply, so I guess the information I saw is out of date. That is a relief because I find it useful, if not so user friendly, for storage on my laptop.

Can you tell me, if I didn't have ADE. is there another good app for storing them on the laptop ready to transfer to my kobo? Thanks.

Last edited by Pam R; 02-20-2022 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-20-2022, 10:37 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Calibre is best except for library loans. You may need a separate plug-in if there is DRM on bought books.
It's got a separate ebook reader and ebook editor as well as the library and device management. Kobo Utilities is a must have optional plug-in. It and Annotations import annotations, highlights and bookmarks, but in a different way. Kobo Utilities is better for copy/paste annotations into Notepad++ or something similar.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:21 AM   #5
Pam R
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Calibre is best except for library loans. You may need a separate plug-in if there is DRM on bought books.
It's got a separate ebook reader and ebook editor as well as the library and device management. Kobo Utilities is a must have optional plug-in. It and Annotations import annotations, highlights and bookmarks, but in a different way. Kobo Utilities is better for copy/paste annotations into Notepad++ or something similar.
Thanks very much for the advice
Old 02-28-2022, 11:11 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre with the DeDRM plugin (the NoDRM version) is what is highly recommended. It's what most of us use to manage our eBooks and with a Kobo, it manages them on your Kobo very well.

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools (DeDRM plugin)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:17 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
And you might want to add the DeACSM plugin which will download the epub from the .acsm file without needing ADE as an intermediate step.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:03 AM   #8
Pam R
Connoisseur

Thank you all for your replies. I have installed Windows 11 and found that indeed ADE works fine. I will have a look at the plugins you have suggested.

Thanks again.