Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 01-26-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
annekaelber
Enthusiast
annekaelber began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 8.0
Where in the manual can I find template info for OPDS server?

Hi!

I tried to find a book in my library from my phone last night and my custom column "Universe Order" (which collects connected series into the correct reading order) wasn't visible.

I went into Preferences>Sharing>Sharing over the net and mistakenly thought "Book List template" was what I needed. So, I added some fields to not show and instead, MORE columns show up (including the one I needed).

I kept looking and realized that wasn't what I wanted -- apparently that's for controlling the 'custom list' option for display.

My family likely doesn't care how much it cost or where I got it or any number of other (custom) columns for my own use, since I manage the library. Where can I define what metadata shows on the OPDS entry for a book?

Crossing my fingers that I'm not just being dense and/or blind. Thanks!
annekaelber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:07 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to the calibre server forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:12 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The OPDS client chooses what columns to show/search, not calibre. I don't know what client you are using, but ask whomever wrote it. All the custom columns are available to an OPDS client.

Alternatively use the native calibre content server. It knows about custom columns. Even the very limited /mobile version (no javascript) offered by calibre knows about custom columns. If you are using the OPDS server then the normal and /mobile versions are also available.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:56 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by annekaelber View Post
Hi!

I tried to find a book in my library from my phone last night and my custom column "Universe Order" (which collects connected series into the correct reading order) wasn't visible.

I went into Preferences>Sharing>Sharing over the net and mistakenly thought "Book List template" was what I needed. So, I added some fields to not show and instead, MORE columns show up (including the one I needed).

I kept looking and realized that wasn't what I wanted -- apparently that's for controlling the 'custom list' option for display.

My family likely doesn't care how much it cost or where I got it or any number of other (custom) columns for my own use, since I manage the library. Where can I define what metadata shows on the OPDS entry for a book?

Crossing my fingers that I'm not just being dense and/or blind. Thanks!
There are support threads for some 3rd party OPDS tools - see ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279682

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:12 PM   #5
annekaelber
Enthusiast
annekaelber began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There are support threads for some 3rd party OPDS tools - see ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279682

BR
Thank you for sharing this. I read my books on my phone with FBReader which connects to my Calibre server (but apparently isn't "aware" of custom fields).

I'm trying Calibre Companion right now, but man the settings are annoying! I still can't get what I want to see to show up... I'll keep futzing with it and come back if I have specific questions.
annekaelber is offline   Reply With Quote