Notices

Old 01-05-2022, 03:20 PM   #1
ewok2
ewok2 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
OPDS "Failed to extract archive"

Hello

I have a calibre server on a Ubuntu VM.
When I try to import Comics through opds on Iphone or Ipad, sometime (for 3% of the cbz), i get an error with the message "Failed to extract archive".

When I try to open on a Linux computer the cbz file, it works fine
When I try to read the cbz on the web interface it works fine

I did not see the diference of the non working cbz and the other.
I can't have a look on the Iphone logs ;-)

Any idea of what can cause a "Failed to extract archive" on a cbz through opds?

Thanks
ewok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:47 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any chance they might be misnamed? A CBZ is a renamed ZIP file; while a CBR is a renamed RAR file

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 03:42 PM   #3
ewok2

Not sure to understand your question.
The comics file is a zip of .jpg files and rename to .cbz in stead of .zip
Old 01-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok2 View Post
Not sure to understand your question.

The comics file is a zip of .jpg files and rename to .cbz in stead of .zip
All I was suggesting is that the failing CBZs might actually be CBRs.

No other ideas; I'm out of here

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 09:35 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This will be an issue with whatever client your using on the device to consume the OPDS feed, report it there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:45 AM   #6
ewok2

Agree that it may be an issue on the client side, but as most of the files works, If I can't see the diference between the files that work and the files that does not wiork the client side can also say the probleme is server side ;-)
Old 01-07-2022, 08:05 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok2 View Post
Agree that it may be an issue on the client side, but as most of the files works, If I can't see the diference between the files that work and the files that does not wiork the client side can also say the probleme is server side ;-)
It could be the compression method used. Have you tried unpacking one and then rezipping it?

And PeterT's suggestion was to make sure they actually where zip files and not some other compressed format. If you are producing them, they should be OK. But, if they come from elsewhere, they might be packing them with something else and renaming them incorrectly. Some tools will error on this, some will handle it with no issues.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 02:17 PM   #8
ewok2

Yes I made a Python script

1st that unpack a cbz to directory, rename all .jpg topage-xxx.jpg than zip it with unzip then change name to .cbz

The 2nd script before renaming try to "change" the jpg files by setting the jpeg compression to a value near but different.

And both test doesn't change anythings
All the .cbz files are Ok when trying to read with any linux application reader...