Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-12-2021, 07:08 AM   #1
jonnyl
Enthusiast
jonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toys

Device: Likebook Mars
DIY Auto wake/sleep cover

I use a 3rd party case (labelled "Berfea") for my Likebook Mars that I rather enjoy. However, it doesn't have the auto wake/sleep feature.

Has anyone tried to manually add this feature by sticking small magnets to the case?
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:59 PM   #2
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
I use a 3rd party case (labelled "Berfea") for my Likebook Mars that I rather enjoy. However, it doesn't have the auto wake/sleep feature.

Has anyone tried to manually add this feature by sticking small magnets to the case?
I am sure it will work. You just have to find the exact location in the ereader.

I used a magnet near the eareder (moving it around) and it was able to wake up the device. Though i was not able to make it sleep.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:36 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can buy very small but powerful magnets that are made with neodymium. E.g. amazingmagnets.com. I kind of went buck wild a few years ago buying them. They're still stuck to my fridge. If you let two stick together you're in for a real challenge getting them apart.
hobnail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:14 PM   #4
jonnyl
Enthusiast
jonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toysjonnyl shares his or her toys

Device: Likebook Mars
Thank you both for the replies. I had tried with two small magnets before but never got it to work. But now I tried with a single larger magnet (about the size and shape of a CR2025 button cell), and to my surprise it worked. I placed it so it touches the bottom third area of the right edge when closing the cover.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote