Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-24-2020, 10:24 AM   #5041
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version Released v3.27.0

New Version Released

Version 3.27.0 - 24 Dec 2020
- Add use_cloudscraper code to use with CloudFlare sites, like fanfiction.net now does.
- Changes to allow email chapter update URLs to work in adapter_wattpadcom
- Updates for many included dependencies

This version includes the module cloudscraper and dependencies and is configured to use it for fanfiction.net and fictionpress.com.

This probably won't help with ffnet in older Calibre versions due to CloudFlare detecting that older versions of OpenSSL bundled in them. If an older version works for you, great, but don't expect it to.

FFF does still work in older Calibre versions for other sites.

I have tested both CLI in Python3 and plugin in Calibre v5.7.2 on Win10, Mac(BigSur) and Linux.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:33 AM   #5042
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytierian View Post
last few pages of this thread are on exactly that.

FFF test version 3.26.7 seems to fix the problem - has for me anyway.
I feel like such an idiot sometimes, there are moments I think YES, i'm finally getting the basics end then I hit a brick wall and panic

So I downloaded the test version, and thought I needed to unpack and such, no dice. Then I realized I should be replacing something in a folder and yes BINGO, managed to get it done.

Sometimes the simpelest answer is the solution, read and think before you panic.

Nevertheless thanks again, I shall try and do better.
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:21 PM   #5043
Mandabar
Fanfiction Devourer
Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mandabar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackomb View Post
I feel like such an idiot sometimes, there are moments I think YES, i'm finally getting the basics end then I hit a brick wall and panic

So I downloaded the test version, and thought I needed to unpack and such, no dice. Then I realized I should be replacing something in a folder and yes BINGO, managed to get it done.

Sometimes the simpelest answer is the solution, read and think before you panic.

Nevertheless thanks again, I shall try and do better.
Usually you would choose to 'load a plugin from a file' inside the plugin section of preferences, but going the hardcore method of replacing the file is the extra hard mode way of doing it hah!

Seems Jimm released it now as a normal full release update plugin as well now for ease of use
Mandabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #5044
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There isn't a new test version yet, but I went back and copied the 'install manually' instructions from "Introduction to plugins" to the test version post in a spoiler for future new users' convenience.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:51 PM   #5045
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandabar View Post
Usually you would choose to 'load a plugin from a file' inside the plugin section of preferences, but going the hardcore method of replacing the file is the extra hard mode way of doing it hah!

Seems Jimm released it now as a normal full release update plugin as well now for ease of use
I was looking for the solution outside of Calibre, I never realized there is a load plug-in from file, seems like I like doing things the hard way
And yes about 2 seconds after I finished I saw the update plug-in at the botom.
But at least I learned something new today.
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #5046
bpothier
bpothier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Because of course they do.

And this is real problem you've seen happen? The same ID number reused? More than once?

Interestingly, it looks like your modified URLs actually still work if you click on them. IE, you can use one to get to the story with that number on the site. https://domain/s/####-anything-you-want seems to work.

So adding something to the story ID and URL might work. But it would involve changing the story ID and URL during metadata fetch which some other adapters do and can be a bit clumsy.

I don't have the energy right now to do more than vaguely speculate.
Sadly, I have.... Sometimes with days. Picture "new author" with single story posted, that then gets deleted/removed and then another new story is posted a day later...

Awesome to know about the URL "working" (obviously it will only pull the "current" story using that URL, but definitely a possible "more unique" identifier solution...)
bpothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #5047
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpothier View Post
(obviously it will only pull the "current" story using that URL, but definitely a possible "more unique" identifier solution...)
Perhaps an extra check for changes in the title/author along with the SOL url? That may fail if the author changes their username or the title of the work (assuming either of those are possible; I'm not familiar with the site).
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:38 PM   #5048
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If an older version works for you, great, but don't expect it to.
Here's how I would phrase it myself, but your mileage may vary:

I you're using an old version of Calibre, there's no real reason not to at least try the new version. There's been some limited reports of success, and if it does fail you'll be no worse off than before.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:47 PM   #5049
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2020-12-24
- Add append_datepublished_to_storyurl option for storiesonline.net, finestories.com, scifistories.com only.

New INI parameter, only used by storiesonline.net, finestories.com, scifistories.com only:
Code:
[storiesonline.net]
## append_datepublished_to_storyurl literally appends
## datePublished(-%Y-%m-%d) to storyUrl.  This is an ugly kludge to
## (hopefully) help address the site's unfortunately habit of
## *reusing* storyId numbers.  Off by default to *not* cause weirdness
## for those not expecting it.
#append_datepublished_to_storyurl:false
Copy to your personal.ini without comment and set true to try it. https://storiesonline.net/s/### becomes https://storiesonline.net/s/###-2020-12-12 or whatever. Note that only storyUrl is changed, not storyId. That would have touched a lot more code.

I don't promise that this 'solves' the problem, but it was the suggested solution when first brought up and I haven't had any better ideas.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:06 PM   #5050
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Small feature request:

Could the "this story already exists with a different URL..." popup also have the option to try to update from the existing URL?

Mostly so if a user sees a crossposted fic has been updated on one site, they can drag and drop it in to update from the other site. (My personal reason: FFnet's RSS feed lists both updated and new fics, while AO3's only lists new ones.)

Thank you and happy holidays!
Old 12-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #5051
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
New Version Released

Version 3.27.0 - 24 Dec 2020
This version includes the module cloudscraper and dependencies and is configured to use it for fanfiction.net and fictionpress.com.
Is it possible to configure it to use cloudscraper for other supported sites of my choice?
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:03 PM   #5052
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Yes. Put use_cloudscraper:true in personal.ini under the heading(s) for whatever site(s) you'd like to use it for.

Currently, it's only on by default for fanfiction.net and fictionpress.com.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:07 PM   #5053
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Are any other supported websites known to use Cloudflare?
Old 12-24-2020, 11:51 PM   #5054
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I think SB & SV were reported to at one time, but not as aggressively.

I don't remember more incidents, but you could search the thread and FFF github for 'cloudflare'.
Old 12-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #5055
icecold
Enthusiast
icecold began at the beginning.

Device: Android,
In some SB/SV/QQ fics there is some transparent(usually called invisitext), I usually use a userscript to reveal, but is there a way to change all transparent text to say italicized red?

example: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...m-nanoha.28074

There is some invisitext after the first paragraph.

Right now, the only solution I can think of is just replacing transparent font color to some other color using Calibre's Edit Book via Find and Replace.

Edit: I'm not expecting a more automatic solution to be found

Last edited by icecold; 12-26-2020 at 04:25 PM.
icecold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction