Notices

Old 10-13-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I put an ePub file in Books from Mac but I don't see it in iPhone

How could I fix this problem?

Also the title has ".epub" written at the end of it.
How can I make it not have that .epub at the end of the title?

Last edited by 2scre; 10-14-2020 at 12:26 AM.
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:44 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
How did you do it? Drag and drop? I’ve just done that and also “open in” ibooks... and both are fine.

Test it with an epub you have not formatted. download one from Gutenberg or somewhere and test that out.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 10-14-2020 at 02:04 AM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:22 AM   #3
2scre
Zealot

Yes drag and drop.
I just tried a couple Gutenberg book but it doesn't work neither.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:29 AM   #4
2scre
Zealot

I realized that even though I'm logged into the same email address on my iPhone's Books as the iCloud account that I'm using for my Mac, I'm logged into a different iCloud on my iPhone. Could that be the reason?
Old 10-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
How could it sync with different iCould accounts? Yes, that's (one of) the problem(s).
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:02 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
I realized that even though I'm logged into the same email address on my iPhone's Books as the iCloud account that I'm using for my Mac, I'm logged into a different iCloud on my iPhone. Could that be the reason?
It sounds like your Mac and iPhone are associated with different Apple IDs. Otherwise how is it that they point to different iCloud accounts?

What do you mean by ‘logged into the same email address’?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #7
2scre
Zealot

When I look at my Books on my iPhone, it says I'm logged into (an email address). This email address is not the same as the iCloud email address I'm using at the moment on my iPhone.

However it is the same address as the email address I'm using for iCloud on my Mac.
I just looked at my Books on Mac and saw that the book I dragged into it has disappeared.

I guess I'll try logging out of the current iCloud on my phone and logging back in with the same iCloud account as my Mac.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:54 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Ah. I'd forgotten that iCloud uses iCloud email that is different than Apple ID email. So yes it's the iCloud email that needs to be the same.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote