Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
oenwolf
oenwolf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Search in Viewer bug

I'm running Mint 20. Installed 4.21.

When I search for a word and press enter, noting happens. If I press the arrow keys next to the search field, the results show up. Then I click on one of the results, and it takes me to the top of the chapter containing that instance of the word, but not the exact location of it. This is in flow mode. In paged mode, search works fine.

I ran calibre-debug --viewer. When I pressed enter after typing a word, the output was qt.xkb.compose: failed to create compose table. Then clicking on the result didn't print anything to console.
oenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:59 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by oenwolf View Post
I'm running Mint 20. Installed 4.21.

When I search for a word and press enter, noting happens. If I press the arrow keys next to the search field, the results show up. Then I click on one of the results, and it takes me to the top of the chapter containing that instance of the word, but not the exact location of it. This is in flow mode. In paged mode, search works fine.

I ran calibre-debug --viewer. When I pressed enter after typing a word, the output was qt.xkb.compose: failed to create compose table. Then clicking on the result didn't print anything to console.
Search works for me.

My system
Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon
calibre 4.21

bernie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-07-24 19-54-10.png
Views:	260
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	180917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-07-24 19-54-47.png
Views:	250
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	180918  
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:57 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I also cannot reproduce, are you sure you are on 4.21 as this bug was in a much older version (search not working in flow mode).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:54 AM   #4
oenwolf
oenwolf began at the beginning.

Device: none
On further experimentation, this is affecting only one kind of epub: ones downloaded using the FanFicFare plugin from literotica.com. Normal epubs, and epubs using FFF from fanfiction.net are not affected. Search works fine in flow mode, except that the results don't appear immediately. I'm still getting the "qt.xkb.compose: failed to create compose table" error. I don't understand why this one type of epub is getting affected.
oenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:35 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well if it is with a a particular epub/type fo epub open a bug report and attach a sample showing the issue and I will investigate when I have some time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote