Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Image search url syntax

I am trying to add a command in MapleRead so that when a word is highlighted, I can select the command which I have named Image strangely enough, and have a search carried out in google images.

Can someone tell me what the code should be?

I looked at the code for the Maps command comgooglemaps://?q=(text} and made it comgoogleimages://?q={text}, a very good stab in the start if I do so say myself, and needless to say, hmmm, it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:26 PM   #2
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
MapleRead User Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkalla View Post
I am trying to add a command in MapleRead so that when a word is highlighted, I can select the command which I have named Image strangely enough, and have a search carried out in google images.

Can someone tell me what the code should be?

I looked at the code for the Maps command comgooglemaps://?q=(text} and made it comgoogleimages://?q={text}, a very good stab in the start if I do so say myself, and needless to say, hmmm, it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
I think the Maps command assumes that the Google Maps app is installed on the same iOS device.

To do a Google text search, try
https://www.google.com/search?q={text}

To do a Google image search, try
https://www.google.com/search?q={text}&tbm=isch
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:08 AM   #3
kakkalla
Zealot

Thank you so much! The second option is what I’ve used and it works ver well. Thanks again.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:28 AM   #4
kakkalla
Zealot

What if I wanted to show a place name in Google Earth on my iPad. What would the code be for that, please?

For example, London is highlighted.