Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2019, 09:35 PM   #1
khitan
Enthusiast
khitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Entry Level Kindle
Post khipwn - (possible) kindle exploit on latest firmware

Sorry that I'm new here, I just wanted to show the bug I found that I'll probably release soon.
Essentially I found a bug in the Kindle's web parser; that from what I can tell may allow for custom code. Currently all I can get is a crash/reboot, but gotta start somewhere, right?

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkGOz5wJEdo

EDIT: Release in a few hours, or tomorrow, depends on whether or not I pass out.

Signing off for now;
khitan

Last edited by khitan; 04-25-2019 at 09:39 PM.
khitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
khitan
Enthusiast
khitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhitan can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

khipwn - release

I'm already releasing it, mainly because I want to go to bed.
For those who can't tell;
khipwn appears to overflow the html <title> tag's buffer, overwriting enough memory to crash the device.
Or, it may just be that a long enough HTML file crashes the engine and reboots the device.

Anyway, here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OA...ZGB_gddrX62JRc

Hope the community can work with this bug.

Signing off;
khitan
Old 04-27-2019, 11:19 PM   #3
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Hi, one of the older jailbreaking methods used this kind of thing, so I imagine it might be easy for amazon to fix, but I have no ideal how long it lasted.

If you havent seen it, I'm sure you can find the threads on here somewhere, but this github page seems to have a good description, and its what I got with google searching.

https://github.com/sgayou/kindle-5.6...rashing-webkit

This guy says that the bugs were delivered to amazon, and fixed, so that's something.

I would love it if someone could find a new real jailbreak method that doesn't rely on the fragile system we have found to do it with the factory images.

Last edited by coplate; 04-27-2019 at 11:28 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
khitan
Enthusiast

Oh sorry, when I "found" it I assumed it was new, without checking. Sorry about that

Tags
exploit, kindle