Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #1
kunkel321
Enthusiast
kunkel321 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 10
Custom Icons for Custom sub-categories.

I have my own custom categories that I made. They show up in the tree pane on the left (shown in image) or if I edit metadata, they are in the "Custom Metadata" tab. If I right-click one of the categories, there is a command to "Change category icon." However this changes the icons on all of the sub-categories. It would be awesome if I could put a different icon for each sub-category Art|Atheism|Behavior|etc. (where the arrows are pointing in the screenshot).

Is this already possible?
If not, please count is as a "feature request" Kovid.
kunkel321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont think there is such a feature. You'd have to ask chaley about it, this bit of calibre is his bailiwick.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:18 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
No, there isn't such a feature. The icon changes for the entire category, including any sub-hierarchy. Changing that is a lot of work; more than I am interested in doing.

What I will do is prevent calibre from showing that operation on child nodes in the tag tree, since it doesn't do what one could logically expect.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
kunkel321
Enthusiast

Fair enough. Thanks for the replies!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Customize User Category Tag Browser Icons

kunkel321:

To easily do what you request, see:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=25

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...18&postcount=1

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:49 PM   #6
kunkel321
Enthusiast

YES -- That exactly !!!

Wow! Thanks a million DaltonST!

This is indeed, exactly what I had in mind. Did you add this icon-customizer to JS+ in response to my post? Or had you already planned it? Either way, thanks. As it turns out, I had recently installed the plugin, I just hadn't had a chance to explore it yet.

Here it is in action.
https://i.imgur.com/4XpQ53g.png
Moderator Notice
Please shrink the image to no larger than 600x600 (per forum guidelines. link at the bottom of most screens) before attaching again.

I want to read your documentation, then I'll reply again.

Last edited by theducks; 06-20-2018 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Huge image inline

Tags
custom categories, icons