Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
JanWolterman
JanWolterman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help with PDF to EPUB/MOBI

I used Calibre to convert a PDF of my printed book to epub and mobi. It actually did a good job of it (though I now know PDF is not the one to use but all that I have) except for certain text where it converted it in reverse. So if someone wants to hold a mirror up to my ebook they could probably read it :} but I'm wondering if there's a way I can just go in and change those pages. Or is there a reputable service/company/individual that I can hire to convert a PDF to .mobi and epub as I would like to offer my book (healthy eating for kids) for sale as an ebook. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Jan Wolterman
JanWolterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:06 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@JanWolterman did you try any of the alternatives, see ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118605

I find that Mobicreator can sometimes produce a better result, its simple to use so there's not much investment in time - it will produce HTML, which can be readily converted to EPUB & MOBI.

But if its a PDF that you created, then you should be able to figure out what's causing the mirrored text problem in the tools you used to create the PDF - eg. Word, InDesign, Acrobat, whatever.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf and calibre