extraction began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
See the exciting solution to this dilemma in my

"Windows XP and iSiloXC"

thread started Feb 23 2003

Old 02-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #17
LeeD
LeeD began at the beginning.

I've had no luck with all the above suggestions (especially the "Start in" suggestions) with my NT.

Anybody have any luck with NT? if so, how did you get it to work?

I believe it's related to the "Run as:" setting. I've got admin access, and have tried leaving that blank, and also as default, with no luck.

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2003, 08:58 AM   #18
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
It's been a while for me and NT, but I seem to recall that this was one of the first Windows OS' that had a built-in scheduler and that it was a bit difficult to work with (oh so Micro$haft )...as in totally command line application.

Just curious if you had checked their website or Googled up some info from other sources on its usage. I know this isn't the greatest solution, but if no one else here is using NT (successfully at least) it may be up to you to figure it out and share with the rest of us.

Another suggestion, and maybe not the greatest either, is to investigate a good shareware/freeware scheduler that works with your OS.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:21 PM   #19
kstuart
kstuart began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70
For those who are using Windows XP, if your Windows User Login does not use a password, then Scheduled Tasks won't work. But there is a fix for this on "Kelly's Korner XP Tweaks" at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm - but be sure to backup your registry (or set a manual Restore Point) whenever using anything on that page. The relevant tweak is "67. Run Scheduled Tasks w/o PW".

I've seen this problem come up for people using Windows XP, every time that Windows Scheduled Tasks is mentioned, so I thought this might be useful...

PS It probably applies to Windows NT and Windows 2000 as well.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:23 AM   #20
McQ930
McQ930 began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NX70V
OK, I've been playing around with the scheduler function, and I think I'm almost there, but not quite. Here's what's happening:

I've got iSiloX working well with my .ixl file, and can get it working manually. When I try to get scheduler to work with iSiloXC, howerver, I don't end up with a viable file. Logs show the following error:
Failed[4] to install to user: Chris McQueeney:

I know the .ixl file works, since it all goes well manually with iSiloX, so I believe it's either the scheduler or the iSiloXC function that isn't working. When the scheduler kicks off I see the DOS window pop up, and it says "Document 1 of 1: ABC News 2" then exits without an error. But the completed file never shows up in iSiloI...

Scheduler is set up as follows:

Run line:
"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloXC.exe" -x "C:\Program Files\iSilo\chris.ixl" -u

Start in line:
"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloXC.exe"

I've tried leaving the "iSiloXC.exe" off the end with and without the slash. No luck.

I've read through every thread I could find here, and on ClieSource, but nothing seems to address the problem I'm having.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Chris McQ
Old 04-04-2003, 10:31 AM   #21
McQ930
McQ930 began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NX70V
OK, after posting the message, I had another thought. I tried changing the .ixl file to show the destination as the iSiloI file itself (C:\Program Files\Sony Handheld\McQueeC\iSiloI\), as opposed to trying to send it to HotSync to the external memory card.

It worked!

Sorry to waste the bandwidth, but maybe someone else will have the same problem, and find it here...
Old 05-26-2003, 08:18 AM   #22
multisyn
multisyn began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten C
Hi.....I know I shouln't be using the reply for this topic. I am new to iSilo and I can't find the iSiloXC anywhere in the computer. What I have is only iSiloX.

Another question : Is it possible for me to do a manual update on the channels I have selected? If can, how?

Thanks and appreciate a reply.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:46 AM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iSiloXC is the console version of iSiloX and can be downloaded from here.

What exactly do you mean by manual updates?

Greets!!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:51 PM   #24
multisyn
multisyn began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten C
Thanks Alexander. I have downloaded iSiloXC and got everything working. Cool, much better than Avantgo that I have been using.

Appreciate your help.

Regards
Old 05-28-2003, 03:08 AM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Great things are working for you

Cheers!