Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
Mhtsos
Enthusiast
Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Iconia A210,Sony PRS-T1(sold),Cybook Orizon,Kobo Glo,Kindle PW2
Bricked Cybook Orizon 2013 Edition(from Thalia.de)

Hello,
my Odyssey is bricked and stucked in:"starting up" screen.
The device was bricked a few days ago after a complete recharge(1-2% to 100%).
The device was updated via WiFi for the new 5.2 firmware last Monday without any other fuss.
I've tried reseting and recharging my device.
Any thoughts about the possible cause of the problem and maybe any advice for a solution?

Thank you.
Mhtsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Hi,

I have never been quite sure what "bricked" refers to, but when my odyssey get stuck (completely frozen), I can usually come to "reboot" it after linking it to my PC. It sometimes takes a couple of time before achieving it, along with pressing the two buttons in both different orders.
I am not quite sure what actually triggers it to unfreeze, but it has always ended up OK. (It happens a couple of times a year.)

I hope this will help you.

V.
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Plugging to PC might be worth a try. Make sure it's charged (in case battery got empty again), then long press on power (10 seconds), and one normal press should force a restart.
Else, contact talia, or bookeen directly.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 07-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote