Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
XMasterrrr
XMasterrrr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Jetbook Color vs Onyx M92 vs PB 912

Hello,

I'm a programmer and interested in Computer science which makes me needing to read a lot of "Heavy" Technincal textbooks so that i need a large screen e-reader...

What makes you choose Jetbook Color over Onyx Boox M92 and PocketBook 912
XMasterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I use jetBook Color for this purpose and like Color support and simple interface. Books in PDF and ePub format with many pictures and graphics looks very good on jetBook Color screen.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
As far as just the reading of tech manuals and such, any need for color would make
the JBC the choice, but otherwise the M92 and the JBC both are running under the
same dedicated processor at 800mhz. The JBC, as is, has firmware that makes it an
educational device, more than a general purpose ereading device. The JBC has a great
potential for uses other than educational but the firmware will need some drastic changes.
It may all depend on the specific requirements for the use you wish to make of the device,
if you will be using the currently working reading features and need some color, while being
able to read in bright light, then the JBC may be your only choice. If you are expecting to
also use it to surf the net, then you may want to get another device, for now.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-03-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I believe the JBC has a higher resolution too, but am not sure, since I did not keep track with the latest develpments of Onyx.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
XMasterrrr: I would like developing on JBC but until now it seems that is not a part of Ectaco's strategy

About your question, even if I never used another 9' device, I can honestly say that I found JBC very usefull in reading manual because of the size and the color: I read a pdf book teaching Rendering and Material in Blender.
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote