Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 12-01-2002, 10:12 PM   #1
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

How do I use cookies to give My Yahoo my user name and password, so as to get e-mail, etc. customized for me, a la AvantGo?  Well, actually, AvantGo doesn't allow e-mail, but I thought I should get something for my trouble.  
Scott
Old 12-01-2002, 11:12 PM   #2
gww
gww began at the beginning.

I am looking for this information also.

thank you,
grant
Old 12-02-2002, 09:00 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
@saw9000, gww: Sorry, I was wrong; MyYahoo does not use any cookie settings. They only store a temporary SID when you enter your login data which expires when you reload MyYahoo at a later time.

Since A LOT of people were asking if it was possible to use MyYahoo with offline readers such as iSilo or Plucker, I wrote an email to the MyYahoo webmaster asking politely for a solution. We will see.

Sorry again for the confusion *
Old 12-02-2002, 05:17 PM   #4
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

No problem.  I hope you're able to succeed in getting anything at all out of the My Yahoo Webmaster.  In general, I have found that every e-mail I have sent to Yahoo has either been replied to by a machine, or has been sent off into cyberspace, never to be seen again.  
Either way, here's hoping.  
Scott
Old 12-06-2002, 09:19 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bad News: No reply yet from Yahoo.

Good News: I am pretty sure I solved it without them

But before I promise too much again, let me sleep first and try again tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:28 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hmm,

MyYahoo initializes three cookies, each with a single-letter name: T Y B.

You all know that eventually your Yahoo sessions expires and you have to relogin. I did a relogin and compared the new three cookies with those of a previous session. The result: Cookie Y and B are still the same, but T has changed. My conclusion: T cookie contains something like the session's id. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how the cookie is created, so you cannot create your own T cookie your own session id.

To cut the long story short: If you want to use iSiloX with MyYahoo, you have to replace the T cookie each time the session has expired before you do a syncronization. Very tedious But I don't see another way. Does someone else maybe?
Old 12-07-2002, 08:31 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Ok the cookie is encoded in base64. But this knowledge doesn't bring us much farther. I think the best way to make MyYahoo work is to somehow have it generate a session id itself, and communicate it with iSiloX. Login data is no problem, as it is stored in the two other, non-changing, cookies.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:37 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Well guys and girls, I did it. After some Yahoo debugging, here the solution:

http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...s=&threadid=34

Now I can rest again.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:38 PM   #9
scotts
scotts began at the beginning.

this another dead link I would like to follow. Is it still available?
Old 01-16-2003, 02:34 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Yup link is fixed. Sorry I should really take the whole database and fix the links. All the links that referred to the old board are now invalid since the new board uses a different url structure. In the meantime, I recommend that you use the search function since all content of the old board is also available in this board.

Greets
Alex