Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have a Sony TV, a Sony DVD recorder, and two Sony laptops. They make excellent products, IMHO.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:19 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have a Sony TV, a Sony DVD recorder, and two Sony laptops. They make excellent products, IMHO.
I heard Sony LCDs (like the Bravia series) are among the best money can buy. No doubt, Sony makes some excellent hardware. On the software side, however, ...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No arguments there .
Old 05-20-2008, 04:59 AM   #19
tebaldo
Connoisseur
tebaldo doesn't littertebaldo doesn't litter

Device: Ganaxa GeR2, StareRead, Sony PRS505, Librié
We have made a specific analysis on the Japanase epaper market. Electronic ink devices are seen as future extensions of mobile phone for better reading (as for Nokia, if you noticed).
tebaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #20
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I can't imagine reading for any length of time on a cell phone. Mine has a largish screen but it's still smaller than any PDA I've owned. Plus every phone I've owned gets pretty darn hot the longer it's used.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The "Pocket PC" type Windows Smartphone (I have an "HTC Touch" model) makes a reasonable bookreader. I wouldn't want to use mine as my primary reading device, but it's certainly perfectly acceptable as a "backup" reader. I use MobiPocket Reader on mine, so I can read the same books as I do on my CyBook Gen3.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #22
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I used uBook on my HTC Wizard (aka T-Mobile MDA Vario) for quite some time. Works well enough, if you don't mind small text (I don't). I even used to use CSpotRun on a Palm Vx before that.

But having a Cybook now, I can't imagine going back :-).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #23
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I used ereader and mobipocket for years on a variety of pda's and cellphones (T3, TX, Nokia? and my present smartphone, the MotoQ) but since I got my Kindle over the holidays, I have not read books on anything else. I no longer like the phone screen to read on and as someone else has said, the phone gets hot when kept on for many minutes.
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #24
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
No 'bout-a-doubt-it...anyone remember the Sony "root kit" debacle? I am just happy I bought my Clie nx73v at a thrift store for $16 vs. buying it new only to be abandon as the "wonderful" Mylo's came out...bleech...Sony and Apple should just merge to form the anti-keyrist and be done with it...
Sony's abrupt dropping of the Clie line -- plus the rootkit issue -- was one of the reasons I didn't really consider the 505, nor do I purchase any other Sony products for that matter.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cell phones, ebooks, sony