Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Delete thread

Delete thread.

Last edited by The Terminator; 09-22-2011 at 12:23 AM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
I'm pretty sure that is the Mac version on the Calibre site. If you are using Windows, shift+alt+b will bring up the cover browser
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
I'm pretty sure that is the Mac version on the Calibre site. If you are using Windows, shift+alt+b will bring up the cover browser
No, it's the linux version, but yes Shift+Alt+b (or clicking the little black icon in the bottom right) will bring up the cover browser.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I too used to use Calibre just for communicating with my Sony PRS-500 and to convert formats.
Nowadays I use it mainly to manage my library. With the ongoing development it is just getting better and better.

It almost feels like perpetual Christmas. Every new version has something exciting. And ... unlike Christmas there is new version available every week ;-)

The last version has support for Drag & Drop of pictures directly from browser and that is absolutely killer feature. I always wanted this functionality, but I was reluctant to put it on official wishlist, because I couldn't imagine how it could be done across combination of three platforms and half a dozen major browsers.
Thank you Kovid again.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:06 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
But I noticed that the Demo on the website shows a totally different view, does anyone know how I can get it to make it like that?
That would be because the demo shows the beta of the 0.6 versions, which is... I don't remember exactly how old, but it's very old. Current versions are much, much more powerful than the one shown in the demo.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
The last version has support for Drag & Drop of pictures directly from browser and that is absolutely killer feature. I always wanted this functionality, but I was reluctant to put it on official wishlist, because I couldn't imagine how it could be done across combination of three platforms and half a dozen major browsers.
Thank you Kovid again.
You're welcome. I was actually amazed I could get that feature to work
Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
That would be because the demo shows the beta of the 0.6 versions, which is... I don't remember exactly how old, but it's very old. Current versions are much, much more powerful than the one shown in the demo.
I keep meaning to update that video, but then there's always a major feature around the corner, so I keep putting it off
Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You're welcome. I was actually amazed I could get that feature to work
Shhh...
Your never supposed to admit that, It destroys the Awe Factor
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Shhh...
Your never supposed to admit that, It destroys the Awe Factor
In that case, it was trivial, took 10 minutes
Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
In that case, it was trivial, took 10 minutes
You're basically screwed regardless of what you say- now hordes of users will come running with wishlists wich will "take 10 minutes" to implement
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Users, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Users, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Given some recent posts I've seen, how close to burnout are you?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'm learning Zen and the art of the Ignore List
Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #14
hrynkiw
Connoisseur
hrynkiw doesn't litterhrynkiw doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
The last version has support for Drag & Drop of pictures directly from browser and that is absolutely killer feature.
Well.

I had successfully resisted upgrading until you mentioned *that*.

(I don't have anything against upgrading, I've just been concentrating on library upload/maintenance recently.)
hrynkiw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a terminator production