Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 07:25 AM   #1
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Deleting book formats created when sending to device.

Is it possible to stop calibre from keeping formats it creates when sending books to my kindle?

For example, if I have a book in epub format, calibre needs to convert this to a .mobi format and send the .mobi format to the kindle. But it also keeps the .mobi format around which isn't needed.

I am trying to reduce the size of my calibre library or alternatively to stop it growing so quickly, but rather than deleting books, I was wondering if I could get rid of these temporary book formats which I don't need.

Also is there any way of detecting these books so I can delete them manually. I don't want to delete all mobi books, nor assume that just because there is another format, that I want rid of the mobi format.
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
formats