Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old Today, 02:15 PM   #1
DJUNGELSKOG
Enthusiast
DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DJUNGELSKOG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Unhappy Verse Pro is not waterproof at all :(

My 2-month old Verse Pro got rather dirty, so I have decided to give it a quick rinse. It was supposed to have IPX8 water resistance.

After washing my old PW5 (IPX8) many times I didn’t expect any problems with the Pocketbook. I have swam in pools and in the sea while wearing my Apple Watch (IPX7) countless times. I never take it off when I shower. My iPhone (IP67) regularly gets wet. So what could possibly go wrong with the Verse Pro (IPX8)?

I held it under a tap for less than 30 seconds and it no longer turns on. Water damage is obviously not covered by the warranty. I understand that I’m stupid and I shouldn’t have done it, but now I’m giving a warning to everyone else.

If you want to buy this particular device because of it’s supposed “waterproofness” then you should look elsewhere. The manufacturer is simply lying about the device's IPX rating.

Last edited by DJUNGELSKOG; Today at 03:57 PM.
DJUNGELSKOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:21 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How do you get Readers so dirty?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:43 PM   #3
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Pocketbook Era, Kindle Oasis 2
I'd contact Pocketbook regarding the fact that the device is supposed to have an IPX8 rating and tell them it seems not to have any moisture/water resistance at all!

They might decide to cover it for you. Or might not. But it never hurts to ask. Best that happens is they tell you this should not have happened and offer to replace the device, worst is they brush you off.

That said, a lightly dampened (wrung out) microfiber cloth has served my needs for cleaning e-readers.

I bought my Pocketbook Era used, and cleaned off some oily fingerprint marks from the backside with this method (they were pictured in the eBay description), and the tiniest drop of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Device looked brand new after.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote