Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 03:20 AM   #1
Inquisitive_Ram
Enthusiast
Inquisitive_Ram began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Kobo Clara BW
Editing the Bookerly font to work on Kobos (so it doesn't bold italicised words)

Hi there

I recently got a Kobo Clara BW (which I am absolutely delighted with)

I wanted to put the bookerly font on it.

I downloaded the font from the official amazon website here: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/a...y?tag=mr060-20

And then created a new folder called 'Fonts' in the root directory of the Kobo and copied them across

But it had the common error that italicised words showed in bold. So I edited the fonts using the very helpful guidance here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...play_Correctly

This now means that the fonts work perfectly. I didn't 'patch' the Kobo as some have recommended to play around with the 'weights' as I personally found the defaults to be absolutely perfect

I did think it could be helpful for others to simply share the 'edited' font via a link on this website to save them having to go through the above procedure. While the procedure isn't complex it does require you to download software, and play around for a few mins etc and not everyone is comfortable with doing all that

I wondered if this may be possible? Given the fonts are taken from an official Amazon published source, I assume there is no licensing issue?
Inquisitive_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote