Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
How can I get the Cover Grid layout while viewing books on my device?

When, in the Calibre program, I'm viewing the books on my device (a Kobo Forma), I can't seem to change the layout from the "spreadsheet view" to any other layout (e.g., Cover grid).

The only other layout that is currently available is Book Details.

I want to see my device's books in Cover Grid layout because I want to easily spot those books that need to have updated covers.

Last edited by droopy; 09-09-2020 at 12:40 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
When, in the Calibre program, I'm viewing the books on my device (a Kobo Forma), I can't seem to change the layout from the "spreadsheet view" to any other layout (e.g., Cover grid).

I want to see my device's books in Cover Grid layout because I want to easily spot those books that need to have updated covers.
I suspect this is because the DEVICES' (linked) covers are not directly available to Calibre.
Many things about Kobo bookshelves need a 2 pass process to settle (attach).
You add books: Disconnect , the see 'Processing'. The metadata is sparse or missing. You connect a second time, and the rest happens upon disconnect
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I suspect this is because the DEVICES' (linked) covers are not directly available to Calibre.
Many things about Kobo bookshelves need a 2 pass process to settle (attach).
You add books: Disconnect , the see 'Processing'. The metadata is sparse or missing. You connect a second time, and the rest happens upon disconnect

Sorry, ducks, are you saying that if i disconnect and reconnect the second time, I can then enjoy other layout/views?

droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Sorry, ducks, are you saying that if i disconnect and reconnect the second time, I can then enjoy other layout/views?

NO
Covers from the device are Device specific (if at all accessible). I only pointed out Kobo's 2 times because that is what IT needs to process (import). 1)Add the book to its DB. 2)Link additional.

Every device does their UI requirements differently (and some, between releases). This would make device Grid view a maintenance nightmare.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote