Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 08:35 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
PocketBooks now sold at Newegg

For U.S. buyers...

Three PocketBook models, the HD 3 (copper and grey), InkPad Pro 3 and the new InkPad X are now being sold via Newegg, for shipping from the United States. They show "Sold by PocketBook" and "Shipped by Newegg."

I don't know if the lesser models will be sold through Newegg in the future or not (probably not). They also sell PocketBook brand cases for these models.

At any rate, when I get rid of some of my excess readers, I plan to buy an HD 3, so this is good news for me.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=pocketbook

EDIT: Now when you go to the link for these eReaders, it momentarily says "Sold by PocketBook, shipped by Newegg," but then says "Sold by 'ereader' (in quotes) and shipped from the United States." Nothing about being sold by PocketBook and shipped by Newegg. I think I'll deal with Tech Inn or Grooves instead. I don't like it when terms change in midstream.

EDIT2: Now, above the price on the right, they're again saying "Sold by PocketBook and shipped by NewEgg." It was probably there the last time and I just missed it.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-03-2020 at 11:08 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was very glad to see this even though I don't use a PocketBook. Previously in the US it was only from goodereader.com.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #3
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
A few weeks after I gave up and bought a Kobo -- I'd have bought the HD3 if it were available from a US site. Oh well, the Kobo is nice.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:13 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
A few weeks after I gave up and bought a Kobo -- I'd have bought the HD3 if it were available from a US site. Oh well, the Kobo is nice.
I like the features built into my PB615, which is a bit beaten up and doesn't have a touch screen or WiFi. But I still haven't gotten any of my (too many) eReaders up for sale yet. Need to start on that, it's my self-imposed requirement before buying another eReader. I would like either the HD 3 or a Touch Lux 4 (the Touch Lux 4 would have to come via Tech Inn or Grooves).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:55 AM   #5
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I had my eye on that copper HD3. Oh well... :-/
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2020, 03:48 PM   #6
lplazas
lplazas began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad X
American dictionary

Hey all, new user here with a Pocketbook Inkpad X bought from newegg. I've really liked it so far, but I've struggled a bit in terms of dictionaries. I have seen some of the old posts dating back to 2010 showing how to install/convert some dics, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this with an American oxford/webster dictionary? What is the latest in terms of dictionary conversion tools? Thanks!
lplazas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:11 AM   #7
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lplazas View Post
Hey all, new user here with a Pocketbook Inkpad X bought from newegg. I've really liked it so far, but I've struggled a bit in terms of dictionaries. I have seen some of the old posts dating back to 2010 showing how to install/convert some dics, I was wondering if anyone has ever done this with an American oxford/webster dictionary? What is the latest in terms of dictionary conversion tools? Thanks!
There are several threads here with this topic. Just use search. The Webster 1913 is located f.i. there:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61978
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote