Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 02:39 AM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
In Edit Metadata, both "Number" field and "Next" button have letter N underlined.

In the Edit Metadata window, both
The "Number" field (as in the number in the series) and the "Next" button both have their letter "N" underlined. In other words, pressing Alt-N is theoretically the keyboard shortcut for both. In actuality, though, when I press Alt-N, I'm taken to the Number field. While I'm at the Number field, pressing Alt-N again does nothing; it doesn't move me to the Next book. What then is the quickest way to go to the Next book without having to use the touchpad/mouse?

Using Calibre 4.17 on Linux
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-23 23-40-32.png
Views:	170
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	179454  

Last edited by droopy; 05-24-2020 at 02:43 AM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Press alt+right hover over the button to see its tooltip that will tell you that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 03:26 AM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Press alt+right hover over the button to see its tooltip that will tell you that.
Oh, thanks, Kovid.

Do you think the line underneath the N in "Next" should be erased?
Old 05-24-2020, 03:33 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Oh, thanks, Kovid.

Do you think the line underneath the N in "Next" should be erased?
No why, you can use alt+n as well. Press it twice to focus the button and press enter.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:35 AM   #5
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No why, you can use alt+n as well. Press it twice to focus the button and press enter.
When I press ALt-N twice, the characters in the number field are still selected. I do see that the OK button is selected all this time, which means if I press Enter, It's like clicking the OK button with my mouse.

Update: When I press it many more times (for example 5 times), it's still at the Numbers field
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 03:43 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If it doesnt, then it is a bug in Qt that will likely get fixed when Qt is upgraded sooner or later.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:46 AM   #7
droopy
Guru

Ah, all right.

Just to let you know, typing Alt-S multilple times alternates between Title Sort field and Series field, but doesn't rotate to Author Sort.

Also, Alt-P correctly goes to Publisher field, but doesn't go to Previous button.

When I first type Alt-C, I'm taken to the Cancel button. The 2nd time I press the combo, I'm taken to the Custom Metadata tab.

Last edited by droopy; 05-24-2020 at 03:50 AM.