Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Export/save math formulas/images from pdfs?

Hey!

I read book with a lot of math formulas and I would like to add them to my notes somehow. When I copy just text everything gets destroyed. Is there a way to add formulas to notes somehow?

Or an app that will allow to screenshot pdf part/page?

Best,
P
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:49 AM   #2
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
You can export pages and create another pdf document. Read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329496.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2020, 09:48 AM   #3
lensmann
Zealot
lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara BW, Aura One, Aura HD, Boox Max 2, ThinkBook Plus Gen 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
Is there a way to add formulas to notes somehow? Or an app that will allow to screenshot pdf part/page?
It's pretty hard to copy mathematical notation from a PDF, because of the way they're represented in a PDF. What you can do, though, is to export the individual pages with formulae as PNG files (which is probably more straightforward than taking screenshots of them).

To do this, you'll need to make a pen annotation (i.e., a scribble) in every page which has a formula you want to copy. A little 'x' or other mark in the corner will work. Then bring up the menu and select 'TOC' to bring up the TOC sidebar. You'll see a bunch of icons at the bottom of the sidebar. Click on the one which looks like a pencil. You should then see thumbnails for all pages with a pen annotation on them. To select all of them, tap the icon that looks like a square in the row at the bottom of the sidebar. It will select all thumbnails, including those on subsequent pages of the list. Now tap on the 'export' icon and select 'export to PNG'. The Boox will create individual PNGs of all pages with annotations (i.e., all pages where you put the little 'x' in the corner). Where they're saved will depend on your settings. The default location is /note/[filename of your pdf]/ which is also where the text you select is saved.

Does that help?
lensmann is offline   Reply With Quote