Notices

Old 09-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
niagara94
Enthusiast
niagara94 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro
Changing How Series Number Is Listed

Hi,

I was wondering how I can change the way that the number that a book is in a series displays in Calibre. I would like it to say ie #1 of Series name. Right now it say 1 of Series Name. I've changed this before but can't remember how I did it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
niagara94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you mean in the book details panel, it cannot be changed. You can change it in book jackets, however.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Where (what are you looking at)?

There are page templates in the installed program folder. simply copy the one to the same relative folder in the Calibre Config folder, then make changes there. If they (files) exist, calibre uses them.

If you HAD this working... Dig in your backup of the config folder.. done
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #4
niagara94
Enthusiast

Further Details on Series Number

Hi - Thank you both for your replies. I'm talking about in the side panel to the right where it shows the book details. I don't know how long ago I had it that way and I just overwrite my backup files every now and then so I couldn't restore the preferences. How would I change it in the side panel display? Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by niagara94 View Post
Hi - Thank you both for your replies. I'm talking about in the side panel to the right where it shows the book details. I don't know how long ago I had it that way and I just overwrite my backup files every now and then so I couldn't restore the preferences. How would I change it in the side panel display? Thanks again.
I found the book_details CSS at C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\resources\templates

But I don't know where the Code is. You probably have to run from source.

Are you a developer? This does not sound like a simple USER level tweak
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #6
niagara94
Enthusiast

Further Details on Series Number

Hi - Thanks again for your reply. It was something simple that I did before but I just can't figure it out now. Thanks for any help and for all you have checked into so far.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:41 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@niagara94 - there's a setting in Preferences->Look and feel->Book details to use Roman or Decimal digits, maybe that's what you're remembering. Don't recall ever seeing a setting for prefixing with '#', just had a look in 1.48 and there's nothing there.

I assume the HTML is created dynamically based on columns selected and the order specified etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #8
niagara94
Enthusiast

Thanks

Hi - Thanks for your reply. That must have been what I was thinking of. It has been a while since I've been in Calibre. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@niagara94 - there's a setting in Preferences->Look and feel->Book details to use Roman or Decimal digits, maybe that's what you're remembering. Don't recall ever seeing a setting for prefixing with '#', just had a look in 1.48 and there's nothing there.

I assume the HTML is created dynamically based on columns selected and the order specified etc.

BR