Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #1
EnderWiggin
EnderWiggin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Increase size of dictonary Aura One

I have a Touch and an Aura One and noticed my Touch dictionary is displayed huge (with a large font size), can I have this on my Aura One? Currently the fonts are tiny.
EnderWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
It probably depends which firmware you're on for the method I will describe.

Go into "Settings" on your KA1. Select "Beta Features". Then check the "Large Print Mode" box.

Voila. You will now have large fonts in your lookup dictionary. However, the setting will also display other system notifications in a large font and will affect the layout of items on the homescreen etc. But it is the simplest way to get large fonts in the dictionary and does not involve any patching.

FWIW, I'm currently running FW version 4.6.10075 on my KA1.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@EnderWiggin,

If the Beta feature doesn't work out for you and you're already comfortable using the Kobo Patcher, there is a specific patch (patch_name = `Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta`) which allows you to choose a custom font-size for your dictionary pop-up. It has worked OK on all firmwares from 4.4.9298 onwards.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
EnderWiggin
EnderWiggin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks to both of you, I updated the firmware and the beta feature was available.
EnderWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote