Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K3 3G
Delete PDOC tag, but books still ending up as Amazon Doc.

Hello

I'm trying to send books to Amazon cloud and would like them to appear under 'Books' instead of 'Docs'. It appears to be a simply process where by I covert MOBI to MOBI and delete the [PDOC] tag, however, my book still ends up under 'Docs' on Amazon. I've also tried tagging as [EBOK], but still my book ends up under 'Docs'.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I can confirm the ASIN is correct as also confirmed by Quality Check Calibre plugin.

Where am I going wrong please?

Last edited by jackhulk; 05-21-2016 at 10:56 AM.
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you send books to the amazon cloud via email or send to kindle amazon always converts them to personal docs -- nothing you can do about that, other than complain to amazon
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2016, 07:05 AM   #3
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Hi kovidgoyal and thank you for clarifying. Has something changed then as I've read in the past it was possible? People have been able to send books to Amazon cloud and have them appear under 'Books' instead of personal docs by either deleting the [PDOC] tag or using [EBOK] tag.

Last edited by jackhulk; 05-29-2016 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Actually, that thread was talking about sideloading via USB rather than sending to Amazon's Kindle Cloud.

To clarify what is happening: after you send an EBOK-type MOBI to Amazon's Send-to-Kindle email address, Amazon post-processes the file to change it back to a PDOC before adding it to your account. This was a political decision by Amazon since the very beginning.

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-29-2016 at 10:40 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
jackhulk
Connoisseur

Ahhh right right, thank you. I guess I just assumed Amazon cloud would accept amended tag as is, unknowing that it would process it back to PDOC. Thank you for your explanation as at least now I know I wasn't doing something wrong.
Advert