Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
Grenpa
Grenpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Book List question

Hello Guys and Gals,

I have another complicated question for you.

When my Kobo update the last time it made all the books on the memory card not work. Thou they were still on the sd card you could not access them.

So today I removed the card and did a format of the card to clear it so i could put the books back onto it.

Now Before I put the sd card in i checked the kobo but the books are still listed in the book list even thout they are no longer on the sd card and it is not plugged in. So i have 166 books showsing in my kobo list but if you try to read on of the 166 it says to download the books.

My question is how do i get the bad books removed from the Kobo list so I could use Calibre and put them back on the sd card that I just formatted?
It would be very time consuming to have to go thru 166 books on the kobo to delete each bad book 1 by 1.

When I have the Kobo Connected to my system and Calibre loaded it only see's the goo books and not the bad 166. So the bad books only show on the kobo book list itself.

I hope this makes sense as sometimes my language or terms are wrong.
I hoped when i removed the sd card to format it that the bad books would be removed from the Kobo list but I was wrong.

Please Let me know.
Thanks in advance
Gren
Grenpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I suspect there is something wrong with the database on the device, but I would have expected calibre to report an error when you connected it. But, my Kobo utilities plugin has a function to check the database. That does a complete check and will report any errors.

If there are any database errors, the fix is to sign out of the Kobo account on the device and then back in. The will generate a fresh database and reload any books on the device.

If the database is OK, try powering off and on. This will restart the software and force a reread of the database. That should also get it to recognise the card isn't there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
Grenpa

Hello Davidfor,

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

What kobo utilities do you mean?
Do you have a link for it, please?
Maybe the database is goofed up as sometimes it lists the same book 2-6 times.
All i know is after the last Kobo update, two of my kobo devices had their cards wiped during the update. I know I did not select format so I have put my books back on two of the kobos.

But a third kobo during update stopped all books on the sd card from being read it always said download on the kobo. So when i connected to Calibre it said the device had 221 books in main memory and 0 books on the card, yet the card has/had books on it till I formatted it since Kobo kept saying download on the kobo. So I am still fighting with the kobo as I write this.

I logged out of kobo account on device, and then connected to computer, then kobo software. It is now processing content according to the screen.

Please let me know about the utilities you mentioned.
Thanks in advance
Gren

p.s.(Have a Great Holiday Season)
Old 12-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
He means the Kobo Utilities calibre plugin.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Grenpa

Hello Jackie_w,

Ok thanks for the link and the help.

Have a Great Holiday Season
Gren
Advert