Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
jackthereader
jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.jackthereader is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo syncing forever and not updating annotations

Since updating to Kobo Desktop 3.3.11 syncing of my Kobo Glo takes between 3 and 10 minutes either via Kobo Desktop or WiFi. This process used to be much faster (2-3 minutes). Also the dreaded unremovable sync icon appeared. My big problem however is that my annotations are not being updated. Marked text in Desktop doesn't get synced with the Glo and vice versa. Archiving and re-downloading doesn't help. I even tried deleting a book from the library and then re-adding it, which of course deleted my annotations altogether. Does anyone else have this problem?
jackthereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Touch, a dead Kobo Aura HD, and a dead Kobo Wifi
Jack that is the way my problems started- unfortunately now my problems have resulted in my entire library disappearing. I have been in daily contact with Kobo about my issues, so if I discover a fix that will help you I'll pass it along.
beckybug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra Colour
Did you try to sign out and then in again ? I wasn't able to sync anymore since the last firmware update and now all seems to work again (at least via wifi, I didn't try via the kobo desktop app). Hope you'll find a fix soon
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote