Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Fredness
Fredness began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Unhappy Kobo Vox won't turn on out of box - flashing green light

Maybe I just need to vent. I received my Kobo Vox in the mail today. I followed the instructions... not sure but I think the indicator under the power button was flashing green even before I plugged it in. Tried the power button... nothing. Went online and tried the forum tricks of a soft reset ( hold power 10+ sec)... nothing, the factory reset ( vol+ and power button ) nothing. An hour later, called Kobo, they said to charge for 4 hours.. well I gave it 5 hrs. ... Nothing... blinky blinky. Called Kobo... they got me to take the back off and do the internal reset... nothing. I got escalated to Tier 2. arghhhh.

I have a feeling this one is going back and I am not sure if I will ask for another one.

I left it plugged in... maybe I'll get miraculous joy in the morning.

thanks for listening.
Fredness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
Fredness
Fredness began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Lightbulb

oooh I got some joy! I thought what the heck, I plugged it into the USB and did a factory reset... and it came to life! yey... it is doing updates now... hopefully this corrects whatever gremlins it had. :O
Fredness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert