Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
PocketBook 603 or Onyx Boox 60 ?

Hi all,
After numerous months of forum reading and patience , I have to come to a final choice between both devices in the title.

Pros for PB : PDF columns management.
Cons for PB : SDK not yet published, software quality, delays for fixes, price (~270€)

Pros for Boox : SDK, community, quality, price (~200€)
Cons for Boox : no column management for PDF.

Pros for both versus my needs : available formats, fonts and size selection, touchscreen, wifi, note taking

What are your opinion please ?

I won't wait until April for the nex Onyx models.
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Boox also has selection zoom and drag. While it doesnt have the neat column reading that PB has you can easily mimic it by zooming to the size you like and then use the stylus to very easily drag up/down and diagonal to get to the next column.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 03:41 AM   #3
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Boox also has selection zoom and drag. While it doesnt have the neat column reading that PB has you can easily mimic it by zooming to the size you like and then use the stylus to very easily drag up/down and diagonal to get to the next column.
Thanks for your reply. Though, it is less conveniant and ergonomics than just having to press the next button. And it raises also the problem of extra power consumption when you drag with the stylus. Can you confirm ?

Do you know if PB has adapted Adobe reader or another one to have this column management ?
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choice pocketbook boox