Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-24-2022, 02:19 PM   #8626
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
It's hard to believe it's been 6 months since this thread was last updated. Just wanted to note that the Battle Ground is on sale today for $1.99 for anyone following this:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0867ZMV2S

It is wild that there have been no updates on his site since mid-2021 and even his twitter is silent. Nothing from @longshotauthor since July 2021. When I go there they say to try @jimbutchernews, but that appears to be just an ad for some jewelry these days.

The last thing I see is some chatter during Dragoncon 2021 (early Sept 2021) but nothing official there. I hope everything is well with him; maybe he's just taking a social media break.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:49 PM   #8627
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
It's hard to believe it's been 6 months since this thread was last updated. Just wanted to note that the Battle Ground is on sale today for $1.99 for anyone following this:

It is wild that there have been no updates on his site since mid-2021 and even his twitter is silent. Nothing from @longshotauthor since July 2021. When I go there they say to try @jimbutchernews, but that appears to be just an ad for some jewelry these days.

The last thing I see is some chatter during Dragoncon 2021 (early Sept 2021) but nothing official there. I hope everything is well with him; maybe he's just taking a social media break.
It's $9.99 for me.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2022, 03:06 PM   #8628
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Well, that didn't take long. I posted a couple hours ago about it in the deals thread and it was live when I posted it. Sorry I forgot about this one till it was about to go off deal apparently.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:08 PM   #8629
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
It's $9.99 for me.
Me too -"Kindle Price: $9.99 "! But not a problem for me as I already purchased tt back in September of 2020.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:37 PM   #8630
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Heroic Hearts (an anthology of stories edited by Jim Butcher and Kerrie L Hughes) due out on May 3rd, 2022.

Quote:
An all-star urban fantasy collection featuring short stories from #1 New York Times bestselling authors Jim Butcher, Patricia Briggs, Charlaine Harris, Kelley Armstrong, and more . . .
It includes an all-new Dresden Files story.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2022, 06:02 PM   #8631
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Heroic Hearts (an anthology of stories edited by Jim Butcher and Kerrie L Hughes) due out on May 3rd, 2022.

Thank you for this.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:24 AM   #8632
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, that didn't take long. I posted a couple hours ago about it in the deals thread and it was live when I posted it. Sorry I forgot about this one till it was about to go off deal apparently.
Yeah, I was bummed! Surprised it went off sale so quickly! Oh well. Thanks for the heads up anyways.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:28 AM   #8633
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Nice! I didn't know about this. There are some good authors/series in here, looks like. Pre-ordered. Thanks for bringing this up.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:32 PM   #8634
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
From what I heard from Reddit is that he is bogged down with personal business ( sadly a second divorce is the word ) & is working on spires series book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:41 PM   #8635
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Twelve Months (Dresden Files #18)

Twelve Months deals with the aftermath of what happened in Battle Ground.

Name:  Capture99.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  10.3 KB

https://www.risingshadow.net/library...-twelve-months

https://www.risingshadow.net/library...-dresden-files

Last edited by alansplace; 02-16-2022 at 09:10 PM. Reason: add image
Old 02-19-2022, 08:10 AM   #8636
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
From what I heard from Reddit is that he is bogged down with personal business ( sadly a second divorce is the word ) & is working on spires series book.

That is a likely story. And you can read that either with or without sarcasm, the shoe still fits. We all have personal issues and still go to work. I guess if you got more than enough money then you simply stop working if you get into the mood.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 09:28 AM   #8637
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That is a likely story. And you can read that either with or without sarcasm, the shoe still fits. We all have personal issues and still go to work. I guess if you got more than enough money then you simply stop working if you get into the mood.

Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:53 AM   #8638
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Apache
...DITTO...

Last edited by alansplace; 02-19-2022 at 05:12 PM. Reason: fix message
Old 02-19-2022, 01:40 PM   #8639
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'll give Jim the benefit of the doubt. I enjoy his books and wouldn't want him to just start cranking stuff out stuff and have his work, or health, suffer.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:44 PM   #8640
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
I guess if he was a paid employee of his readers, they could demand he "go to work" whether he is in the mood or not. Alas, he is just a person who chooses to write books and offer them for sale and if he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy