Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #661
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Ouch! D***
Thanks, that's about how I felt. On the other hand, I'd been reading a series of freebies that were entertaining but not very well written, and getting tired of it. Now I'll have to go to the public library and pick up some (hopefully) well-written books for a change

And who knows, the Cybook came back from the dead once, maybe that will happen again
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #662
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Thanks, that's about how I felt. On the other hand, I'd been reading a series of freebies that were entertaining but not very well written, and getting tired of it. Now I'll have to go to the public library and pick up some (hopefully) well-written books for a change
That's the spirit! Hope you find some good books

When I used to go to the library regularly, I felt there were days when I could just hold out my arms and those interesting books would jump right down from the shelves.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #663
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Quote:
When I used to go to the library regularly, I felt there were days when I could just hold out my arms and those interesting books would jump right down from the shelves.
Now THAT is a superpower I would love to have!
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #664
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
That's the spirit! Hope you find some good books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryF View Post
Now THAT is a superpower I would love to have!
I think I'd be mentioning the wobbly shelves to a librarian
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #665
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Being buried under books... there are worse ways to die
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #666
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Being in an earthquake-prone zone, it is recommended that we secure all tall furniture, ie. bookcases, to the wall. This is something that we haven't yet done, so being buried under a pile of books is a distinct possibility.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #667
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
See, all those people talking about the smell of paper books, they never stop to consider the dangers of paper book ownership! You can never be buried under your ebook reader
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #668
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Heh - very true!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #669
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
See, all those people talking about the smell of paper books, they never stop to consider the dangers of paper book ownership! You can never be buried under your ebook reader
Except maybe Zelda, who seems to have quite the collection of eBook readers on her bookshelf. Although I'm not sure how tall Zelda's bookshelf is.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #670
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
How would wobbly shelves mean that only the interesting books fell into your arms? There's a flaw in your hypothesis...
No, it's all about having The Power.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #671
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Yes, I think I got it! Only got 9 out of the 11 letters, and with some help from a friend, we figured it out.. Amazingly, it was the first book I thought of, but I thought it was called something else!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #672
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
This contest was a blast. Thanks every who made it possible!

Quote:
How would wobbly shelves mean that only the interesting books fell into your arms? There's a flaw in your hypothesis...
It's now flawed if you are in the interesting book section.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #673
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
It's now flawed if you are in the interesting book section.
*G* I don't know how books are sorted in your local library, but here they're sorted alphabetically by author surname
Old 12-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #674
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
No, it's all about having The Power.
It would work in the reference section, if you were by shelves of books on a topic you were interested in. Probably wouldn't work so well in fiction though - then it's definitely down to the power!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #675
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I'm wondering how many people actually send in their guess, and how many of those were correct.. Maybe one of the mods can elaborate?
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contest, pocketebook, winter